Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Bricked Due to Official Software Update

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 09:42 AM)
sweepermonk
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Recently, there are news all over tech websites highlighting issues with the October 2022 official update bricking Galaxty Watch 4 after updating and then doing a reboot/battery runs out.

Happened to my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic end of October when I tried to reboot as the watch was a bit sluggish which I do most of the time periodically. It was the first time I rebooted after updating.

It was fresh from charging at 100% but it just refused to turn on after turning it off. 

Brought it to service centre for a check and was only told likely to be mainboard issue and needed to pay estimated $200-$300 for the repair as warranty just expired 1 week ago.

Fast forward to 3 days ago, read so many articles on the software update issue and decide to go to the service centre again to check will Samsung be repairing the watch for free since the problem is caused by their official update and not user problem. 

The reply is a cold, pay up or no repair since there is no more warranty. Nice. Well done!

So fellow watch users, please pray that your watch does not run of of power or don't turn off your watch. Good luck!

Sources:

Update:
Samsung Singapore finally released an official announcement on 14 Nov 2022 on the issue to provide replacement services for those affected.

Managed to send the watch in on 15 Nov 2022. Waiting for the results.

Update 2:
Watch is repaired. FOC. 

0 Likes
18 Comments
xy2480
Active Level 3
Wearables
https://www.techgenyz.com/2022/11/07/samsung-admit-galaxy-watch-4-malfunction/amp/ saw this article which said that they r doing free repair. Idk if it helps.
0 Likes
sweepermonk
Active Level 1
Wearables
Sadly, I was told to pay up or wait for Samsung Singapore to announce for free replacement, if any.

Don't even know will they do it and how, where and when they will do it. Effectively means there is no hope.

By the way, the Samasung staff is not aware of the problem themselves.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Hey, have u tried going to another service centre?
0 Likes
sweepermonk
Active Level 1
Wearables
Nope, which one do you suggest that I go to?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z/z-flip-3-black-screen-when-unfold/td-p/19129857

Recently, one of the members had his Z Flip 3 repaired at no cost, after switching to another service centre, despite warranty expired already.

Normally, the service at Plaza Singapura will be better, as it's like the flagship service centre, similar to Apple Orchard. U may try this service centre.
0 Likes
sweepermonk
Active Level 1
Wearables
I see. Good for him.

A reputable company should have the same experience across their own official service centres. That's my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion though. It's OK.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Most Samsung customer service officers are part-time and don't have technical expertise, so the customer service I would say is sub-par, as compared to Apple's customer service.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Hey, Samsung just posted this. U can probably show this to the service centre officer.Screenshot_20221114_152239_Samsung Members.jpg
JullioSanntos
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

This number doesn't work.

0 Likes