Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 - dead battery

(Topic created on: 03-18-2021 03:21 PM)
esor
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
I did the most recent update to my phone and my watch is up to date as well... now my watch is dying so fast. In the entire time I've owned this watch, it has never died while wearing... sometimes up to 2 days without a need for charging. Now I need to charge it multiple times per day!! 

WHAT happened to it?! It's useless if it can't even keep a charge now! 

So annoyed 
11 Comments
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi mistycatBB, Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Your device needs to be examined by the authorized technician to know the root cause of the issue. Please note that due to Government COVID regulations, most of the service centers would be operating with curbside pick up/drop off or non-functional depending on the locality. Please contact the live chat by using the link below and they help you set up the service.

www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
madalin
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi all.

My watch died a couple of weeks ago and think is something related to battery, mostly it's controller, suspecting that a recent update did change something with how it's interacting with it.

I have my watch for a bit over a year now, used it in first 6-8 month intensively at the gym and swimming almost every day. Was working super fine with the firmware version of that time.

I did any firmware update like almost every next day as it was available, all wen fine.

Second part of it's life, as of some personal problems, I was not able to do sports like before, so the watch was used mostly like a casual watch and for sleep tracking. No more swimming (so not more diving into water), no more sports tracking.

On a Sunday evening, I've put it to charge and some time like after a few minutes it made a strange beep. Looked at it and was a warning that needs to shutdown to cool off.

I pressed OK and it shutdown. Left it to charge, except I noticed that was not displaying anymore percentage when I was touching the screen. I thought to leave it for a few hours like I usually do.

Later took it and start it.

First notice: did not charge at all. In like 2-3 minutes it alerted again of needs to cool off and will shut down. I tried to start it a few times, identical scenario, and the battery was draining fast.

When battery came to like 0%, at some point, it did not start anymore.

So, now I'm really curious, if I'll get in touch with support and hand over the watch to be "investigated", as no more warranty expired already, what will propose Samsung for something that is mostly probably has happened from a bad firmware?

0 Likes