Original topic:

Samsung pay on samsung watch 5 not working - Malaysia

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 04:53 PM)
Duck3132
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I've added citibank credit card to samsung pay on my s22 ultra. When I try to add the same card on my samsung watch 5 , it says declined by bank. I've contacted citibank, they said samsung Need to update their app, citibank rejects samsung pay on watch due to security reason, which means samsung pay on watch is not secure enough? 

Samsung malaysia please do something bout it....
8 Comments
PenangMan
Active Level 7
Wearables
If not mistaken 1 card can either add to phone or to watch (correct me if it is wrong).
0 Likes
Duck3132
Active Level 1
Wearables
I've tried removing the card on phone and then try to add to my watch . Still declined .
PenangMan
Active Level 7
Wearables
This is new to me.
0 Likes
Duck3132
Active Level 1
Wearables
Anyway we can tag or @ samsung pic here ? Hahaha
0 Likes
PenangMan
Active Level 7
Wearables
I wish to know that too.
0 Likes
Wearables
Hi , duck3132 , if you had removed your card on your previous device , u need to reset the token in order to add to your watch.. u need call to the bank and ask them to reset.
0 Likes
Wearables
Hi , duck3132 for ur problem faced u can refer here :
https://www.samsung.com/my/samsung-pay/frequently-asked-questions/how-it-works/

Can I register the same card with more than one device using Samsung Pay?

The number of devices that you can register per card varies for each issuer. Please contact your card issuer for details on the number of devices that you are allowed to register per card.
0 Likes
Hxzeem
Active Level 6
Wearables
Hi, sorry to hear about your difficulties while using Samsung Pay. Here is what you need to self troubleshoot:
1. Please update your phone into latest monthly security updates by settings > software update > download & install
2. Please update both of Samsung Pay (phone) and Samsung Pay (watch plugin), both either from phone's Google Play Store or Galaxy Store
3. Please check if there any samsung pay apps update from your watch5 as well, from watch5 google play store
4. Please check if there any watch5 firmware update by watch5 settings > software update
5. Please check if there are any update for your Galaxy Wearable (phone) apps
6. Please ensure that you have setup your watch5 locking method by watch5 settings > security > lock type e.g pin
0 Likes