Original topic:

Samsung watch 5

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 05:53 AM)
Deela
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Hi.. I've been eyeing to buy watch 5 original from Korea to use in Malaysia.. I want the skin temperature feature that don't have in Malaysia version.. My question is :-
1. Can I use the Samsung wearable app on my phone connected to the watch? 
2. Can I use Samsung Pay here in Malaysia? 

0 Likes
4 Comments
jonloo1126
Active Level 6
Wearables
Hi yes! The usage should be the same and it will work but certain apps/features are location locked (e.g. Good Lock in the past before it was opened to all countries).

Rather, I would advise you buy the same Malaysia set (if you're Malaysian) since the sensor is ALREADY within the watch and it is very likely pending some health ministry approval.

Or just wait till the feature is really released here and then get it without waiting or risking a Korean unit that might work exactly the same as the ones in our country with the location locks!
0 Likes
Deela
Active Level 1
Wearables
Ouh is it? Then, I'll try to patiently wait for it.. 😂 Know when it become available maybe?
0 Likes
Samsung_MY
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hi @Deela,

As shared by @jonloo1126 (great sharing BTW!), certain features are geo-locked until they are given clearance from the authorities within that home country.

As much as we'd like to be able to share when, unfortunately this will depend on the local authorities' clearance. We only recently got cleared for our ECG and BP features.

That being said, do stay tuned for updates as we definitely will share these amazing features once they're made available in MY.

Thank you for your continuous support and looking forward to a great experience in the future!

0 Likes
Deela
Active Level 1
Wearables
Please get it done quickly! 🤣 I've been using samsung phones almost 8 years now.. Really need that feature as I've only seen on Apple watch.. Definitely will help for tracking my temperature everyday.. 👍
0 Likes