Original topic:

Sensor Fell Off

(Topic created on: 04-29-2020 05:37 PM)
Nancee
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

Hi all,

I  purchased a Samsung Active 2, 40 MM , in October (6 months ago).  I noticed the back of my watch sensor cover was sliding around.  Well, the sensor gasket ring has completely become unsticky, therefore the sensor has fallen off. There is NO damage to this watch at all, and works perfectly fine other wise.  I have NOT swam with the watch, nor do I sleep with it on, nor has it been around any heat sources.  These are questions they asked me to see if I've damaged the watch??  I only wear it to work out, or go to work.  I've contacted Samsung Canada, only to have them tell me it's a cosmetic problem, and they will DO NOTHING to help me.  I've argued with the service department that this can not possibly be a cosmetic problem when the gasket is an internal part! (Which they have admitted to it being an internal part, thank god I kept the conversation).  I have escalated this matter with them, and am still waiting for a response.  Has anyone else had this issue ?  I've done my research, and found Samsung forums that have reported issues, but Samsung Canada claims this hasn't happened in Canada, and regardless of it being a Samsung product, rules vary from country to country, and it's only happened in the states?  I've spent $400 on this watch, my hard earned money, as we all know how expensive these gadgets can be.  Now it's sitting in the box it came in.  This multi billion dollar company that won't even stand behind their product.  Can anyone help ??  I'd appreciate it.

0 Likes
7 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Watches are all the same in every country (except LTE models) (Same model number, SM-R8xx). Discarding your issue because "this hasn't happened in Canada" is ridiculous. If they won't do anything, I suggest to contact the Better Business Bureau, or the OPC if you are in Quebec
0 Likes
Nancee
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Completely agree, that is exactly what I stated to them.  NOT IMPRESSED.. Thanks so much for your input.  When I finally hear back from them I will let you know !

0 Likes
Wearables
Yeah & Samsung's warranty seems to be more concerned about how they are going NOT provide warranty on their products - One of their favourite attempts is to try & say that there's "physical damage" & then they won't provide any warranty...
0 Likes
Nancee
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Oh ya, just got an email from them, telling me to send them my watch, and they will evaluate. If there is any damage its on me for cost repairs.  I've been out of a watch for 1 week already.  So now I'm going to send it with a 50\50 chance of fixing it, and be out a watch for at least another month?  I need this watch for work !  They should be saying hey just send it to us and we'll repair free, end of story.  I've sent over 12 pictures.. VERY CLEAR, CLOSE PICTURES.. THERE IS NO DAMAGE.  I'm going to make an appoint. after work today and have a local company look at it and see if it can be fixed on the spot.  Its a gasket ring for crying out loud.  Stick it down, and walk away.  I'm livid.

Wearables
Lorrainepetiquay
0 Likes
Wearables
MiMickweJacob
0 Likes
red8
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi, I purchased my Galaxy Active 2 in December 2020.  The back just fell off in August of 2021 and was replaced under warranty although I was told by the service agent that he'd never heard of this happening.  December 2021 the back fell off again.  From checking online I found well over 400 complaints of the same thing going back a few years with no responsibility taken by Samsung.  This should be a straight refund at this point.  I'm changing brands.

0 Likes