Original topic:

Sleep Cycles?

(Topic created on: 09-21-2022 01:25 PM)
bigknife
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables

Stages of sleep

An average sleep cycle lasts about 90 minutes. Ideally, you need four to six cycles of sleep every 24 hours to feel fresh and rested. Each cycle contains four individual stages: three that form non-rapid eye movement (NREM) sleep and one rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. While the time spent in each stage varies the longer you’re asleep, and you might bounce between stages each night, each individual stage remains largely the same.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/your-complete-guide-to-sleep/

As a user that purchased the Galaxy Watch 5 to improve my health, it is important to me to compare my readings from the watch with the sleep science. 

This includes tracking metrics that the science says is important and using rhay terminology. 

I can't find a sleep cycle measure in the app. 

Can this be addressed please?

Thanks 
0 Likes
8 Comments
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, we'll ensure you that it will be considered as a feedback and value your time contacting us. We certainly bring it to our team for further review.

Also, we suggest you to please send us an error report by following the below steps:

Launch the Galaxy Wearable app and tap the 'more' >> Tap 'Contact us' and then tap 'Error reports' >> Select device >> Next >> Describe the issue accurately and in detail >> Make sure 'Send system log data' is ticked >> Send your error report.

An expert from the Samsung Members team will try and respond to the report as quickly as possible.

0 Likes
bigknife
Active Level 3
Wearables
Ok, I did this. I also noted in the report that this is a feature request rather than a bug.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
Have you looked at the sleep chart on S-Health? The chart shows Awake, REM, Light, Deep
0 Likes
bigknife
Active Level 3
Wearables
Sure, but I want the app to preenrt me with the number I.e. count the transitions between the stages , and for that to net up into the tables representing periods of time, e.g. weekly.

Sleep cycle count is key to brain health (glymphatic drainage)
0 Likes
bigknife
Active Level 3
Wearables
Also, sleep science uses 3 stages of NREM × REM https://www.sleepfoundation.org/stages-of-sleep

Any chance of using those terms in the User Interface?
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
Common man... you ever been to a sleep clinic?... they attach 30 things to you.... the watch performs relatively well for a few hundred bucks giving you a rudiment understanding of your sleep performance.
0 Likes
bigknife
Active Level 3
Wearables
I hadn't, no.

But I showed my GP my sleep consistency screenshot just yesterday and he referred me.

So... now... awaiting appointment,!
0 Likes
bigknife
Active Level 3
Wearables
Shouldn't the app show NREM1 vs NREM 2 etc per https://health.clevelandclinic.org/your-complete-guide-to-sleep/ ?

We are supposed to aim at more sleep cycles, but this metric is buried and no advice in the app shows why I score 3 vs 4 from one night to another.
0 Likes