Original topic:

Sleep Tracking

(Topic created on: 02-24-2023 04:24 PM)
Murphdog2354
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I have the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and find that the sleep tracker isn't recording the 1st portion of my sleep. I **bleep** around 10:30PM every night and I hit bedtime mode on my watch when I go to sleep and even started to toggle the snore tracker on for the night thinking this way the watch knows exactly when I'm going to sleep as I have basically now input my bedtime. The problem is the watch says I'm not going to sleep until 3 or 4AM. I can't figure out why the watch doesn't record the 1st 3 or 4 hours of my sleep.
I have sleep apnea so I use a CPAP machine which is next to my phone charging and wonder if this can create this issue?
I have tried resetting the watch a few times which usually works for one or 2 nights and then the same thing happens.
Frustrated beyond.
0 Likes
25 Comments
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Wearables

You should transfer your post on Wearables Community.

Murphdog2354
Active Level 1
Wearables
Done....thank you
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, as you have mentioned you have already performed resetting the watch. We would like to tell you that the accuracy of sleep monitoring is closely related to how you wear the watch and your wrist movement.

Make sure that you keep the wearable device facing upward and wear it slightly back on the wrist.

Do not wear the wearable device too tight or too loose to avoid inaccurate sleep data.

Murphdog2354
Active Level 1
Wearables
Unfortunately I have tried it on numerous places and different levels of tightness. Last night I went to bed at 11pm and fell asleep right away and woke up at 8:30am. My watch gave me a sleep score of 66 and said I had a great sleep however it says I slept from 5:13am to 8:22am so it didn't even record the first 5 hours of my sleep. Really weird cause I even turn on the blood oxygen and snore monitor when I **bleep** and activate bedtime mode on my watch when I get in bed. Basically telling my watch I'm going to bed. Frustrated as I bought the watch purely for sleep tracking as I suffer from insomnia and sleep apnea as a result of PTSD.
kernel31337
Active Level 4
Wearables
Idk much about those CPAP machine ...
I'll ask my colleague who use one and having a cheap smartwatch if this causing him trouble...
I've already sleep in the same room and it kind a making vibration on the tube... May it be this making your watch thinking your not sleeping...
Could you try to place the tube on top of your head..try to avoid it touching the bed...
I would like to help you...
Also... Could you please download sleep as Android application on your phone...
You could set it up to track your sleeping from your watch...
I use these applications that giving different results of Samsung health...
The application can start tracking when you fall a sleep... What I use and working great ...
Hope we could find a solution Screenshot_20230224_182024_Sleep_1000009586_1677280824.png
0 Likes
Murphdog2354
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanks for the advice. Which sleep app is it you recommended?
kernel31337
Active Level 4
Wearables
Sleep as Android is my #1 since almost 10 years now... I have Galaxy watch 4 sm-r890 now the 46mm was having an sm-r800 previous version also...
You need to install it on both devices...
You could have a free time to test it ...
Then it cost something like 2.99 to get unlock version...
I paid 2.99 in 2014 maybe cost a bit more today... Idk
But at least give a try...
I'll be happy to assist you in the configuration
Murphdog2354
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanks I'll try it out
kernel31337
Active Level 4
Wearables
As I told you ...
You need to install on both devices...