Original topic:

Titanium watch band

(Topic created on: 04-08-2023 03:56 PM)
joebones
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has had the issue I have with a new Titanium watch band - I purchased it directly from Samsung online and within around 8 weeks the magnet appeared to rust and leaked out. I have contacted Samsung about 2 months ago and haven't got a reply as yet. 
I live in Alice Springs and looking for advice. I am heading to Adelaide next week was hoping to take to a Samsung store but they don't have one. 

4 Comments
ydiaa
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Ho my that's terrible 😞 💯👎
0 Likes
Wearables
I haven't had an issue with mine.

Have you taken it swimming or generally submerged it in water?
0 Likes
joebones
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
No I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, wear it in the shower more often that not, but no swimming or submersion for a long period.
0 Likes
Wearables
I did some searching, both Samsung's websites (a few different regions) and can't find anything relating to water resistance.
I haven't found anyone else with a rusted magnet issue like yours.

Unfortunately, I would say that it was never intended for use in water, even in a shower.
I wonder if you can find a replacement magnet for it, or perhaps a more classical type of clasp?

In the meantime, you could try reaching out to our Community Mod, @SamsungClaudette.

members.au@samsung.com
Subject Title: SamsungClaudette - Titanium Link Bracelet rusted clasp <----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community name.

Name:
Email:
Contact Number:
Order Number:
State of residence:
0 Likes