Original topic:

Total JUNK

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 02:02 PM)
lyenokio
Beginner Level 4
Options
Wearables

My watch was 2 years old to the day and I just got taken to the cleaners by Samsung repair services for my Galaxy Active 2 watch!!! The touch screen just stopped working, so I sent it in for repair to the tune of 145.00 dollars. I was told it was a fee of 70.00 dollars to repair not PLUS parts. I would of scrapped it and bought another brand watch for this amount. I also found out that this a common thing for these watches to happen . My watch was in perfect  shape , not  a scratch on it and BOOM quit working. No matter what I did it would not work, it would show time, but you cannot select any other functions. Watch, Dryer, and Refrigerator all died before their time so IM DONE WITH SAMSUNG JUNK!!   If this is a common problem i think Small Claims court should be solicited to get a refund!! BTW the customer service is horrible to boot! I explained numerous times I could not shutdown the watch or get to the menus, but they kept asking me to reset the watch by following their directions....HUH? What part about the "watch will not respond" or "I already tried that" did you not understand? I am very upset with this company, I have purchased 1000`s in Samsung products but you lost me as a customer...enough is a enough!!

6 Comments
Nylah
Options
Wearables

Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We see that there are no such issues with this model.

Samsung provides 12 months warranty from the date of purchase of the device.

If it is out of warranty then you would be charged for parts and labour.

0 Likes
unhappy2
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
So, after 2 years I can expect my watch to have issues and I will be responsible for repairing it? How is that fair? We didn't pay $ 20 for this watch and if it's design/manufacturer issue it is totally wrong for people to have to pay anything for a defective item. Shame on you, Samsung!
0 Likes
Nabsta333
Active Level 3
Wearables
Funny enough same thing happend to my galaxy watch active 2. Luckily I had extended warranty from the retail provider. Although Im curious if samsung care + would have covered it
0 Likes
Theblueberry
Active Level 6
Wearables
You don't need the touchscreen to shutdown or reset the watch, just so you know.

But also you can always ask for your device back if you are unhappy with the price.
0 Likes
MaggieTemple
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Cheaper to just get a new one but why bother as new one is likely just as garbage.

0 Likes
MaggieTemple
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Totally agree. Constantly gets stuck in boot loop, constantly crashes. I'm done with it. Have similar issues with my Samsung phone... Done with Samsung.

0 Likes