cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Total protection for my watch. Is it too much?

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 02:44 PM)
Ravenpaul
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
I recently got a glass screen protector, a TPU watch cover and a bezel ring (to help ease the rotation when the TPU cover is on) 

Sometimes I feel like it's too much. But I decided to get these because I noticed that I kept smashing my wrist on my work table or on the wall beside my bed. Tho there are no scratches or scuffs, I'd hate to regret not having these and getting surprised by scratches or dents (or worse, a cracked screen) in the future. 

I also got replacement bands, so I can save the leather band for special occasions. 😁

Here's how it looks like (and they're all very cheap!):

Here's how it looks from the front.

The bezel ring, so I can rotate the bezel easier bec you can see it gets covered by the TPU cover. See the ridges?

6 Comments
chirogan
Active Level 2
Wearables
Great move in my opinion. You invested in it through your money. So protecting it to prolong its life is a good decision too.
Ravenpaul
Active Level 4
Wearables
Thanks for the input. I've seen some who say that it defeats the purpose of enjoying the design of the watch (same with the phone). So, I guess I'll keep the protection on for my devices. Tho I remove cases when at home, so I can enjoy the design itself of both the phone and watch. Hehe.
0 Likes
chirogan
Active Level 2
Wearables
Well its a matter of preference.i like to be rugged and enjoy my gadget without worrying of damaging the gadget i invested money on. Some like to be bare because they are careful. Some like to be bare and just change the device every few months or years.

Much like cases and screen protectors, there are no good and bad. Its by choice so as long as you're happy with using the device, with or without additional accessories, i must say you are already making the most of your device.

I like the color and aesthetic tho.
Ravenpaul
Active Level 4
Wearables
I take all protection off rarely at home whenever I feel like enjoying the design (of both phone and watch, even the buds. Unluckily, the moment I removed the case for my phone, I dropped it. 😭 Dropped it in a tiled room and the edge of the tile dented the aluminum frame huhu.

I have Care plus but, cosmetic damages aren't covered. And well, I don't think there's anything they can do about it, either. I don't think I'll ever do it again. I don't know why but it really hurt me haha 🥲

I guess what they say is true, you can never be too careful. I've never dropped it once. And the moment it did, it got dents in it. Hays. Sad life.
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hello there! That's a great investment. Much better if you'll invest on protection that you bringing your device on service centers, right? 😀  Thank you so much for trusting Samsung. Stay safe and have a nice day ahead!

Ravenpaul
Active Level 4
Wearables
I agree! I actually have care plus for my phone. So, I guess that covers it. Are watches covered as well? I couldn't see my subscription details.
0 Likes