Original topic:

Update from original Samsung Watch to Watch3

(Topic created on: 11-22-2020 10:04 PM)
Danf1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I have the original Samsung Watch and very happy with it. I was thinking of upgrading to the Watch3 however the only features I see that would make it worth it would be ECG, Blood Pressure and Oxygen Level.

From what I understand none of these features are available in Canada.

Can someone please comment if its still worth it for me to upgrade?
I see that some people have been able to bypass the Canadian settings and loading a different region. Is this difficult or should I look at a different brand that offers those features?
Thanks

0 Likes
4 Comments
enrai05
Active Level 4
Wearables
Until they actually announce that those features are available and ready for use I wouldn't bother "upgrading" from Watch to Watch3. Even though I've side-loaded the ECG and Blood Pressure options, I rarely use them. Kinda regretting spending so much money when I could have gotten the Watch for 1/3 what I paid for the Watch3.
Halston
Options
Wearables

Hi Danf1,

Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada. As of now, it is not available due to the regulations of Health Canada. Samsung is working closely with many regulators in countries and looking forward to expanding the services to more markets. We will share updates in the future.

0 Likes
Olicath
Active Level 3
Wearables
If you're new on Samsung Members you probably don't know that Samsung has been answering the same answer for more than a year!! Most of other quality watch has the features your looking for, I own an Active 2 LTE and I have been waiting for those features for a complete year! Spend your money on a real quality watch that offer the features they advertised.
0 Likes
Wearables
Hey Danf1,

Although SpO2 and stress app still not working on your GW3, try the link from youtube.

https://youtu.be/SdhIV7w-cDA

The youtube will show you how to install ECG and Blood Pressure feature on your GW3. No side effect, I did install and everything works fine.
0 Likes