Original topic:

Watch 4 Vs Watch 5

(Topic created on: 06-24-2022 01:40 AM)
Parseneault76
Active Level 6
Options
Wearables
Hey everyone. 

I think to chage my Gears S3. Do you think I should wait for Watch 5 or you think it wont be a big upgrade and Watch 4 its a good choice? 
8 Comments
Axton
Options
Wearables

Hi, Samsung always comes up with the latest features and updates with the latest device launches. As of now we do not have any update on Watch 5. However, we can expect the latest and best features.

Wearables
Don't have a detail info for Watch5 yet. However, rumors for Watch 5 will have larger battery. But will also remove iconic bezel from watch, which means no classic line. Also, no body temperature sensor for watch5 (rumor as well).
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Actually, there are rumors that it does have the capabilities for Body temperature. Whether it'll be available or not at the release, we don't know.
0 Likes
Wearables
Haven't heard any news that Samsung has resolve the complicated algorithm on body temperature yet. Chances are less on watch5.
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-watch-5-body-temperature-feature-could-happen-after-all/

Here's the article I read. Again, it's just rumors lol not for sure
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
In my opinion, you should wait for the Galaxy Watch 5. Rumors has it that it will be announced on August 10th.

We'll know all the exact details then but rumors are saying that the battery is PHENOMENAL compared to the Watch 4.

I have a Watch 4 and I used to have the Watch 3 before. It's not that much of a big upgrade.

And anyways, if you wait for the release of the Watch 5 and don't like it and decide to go with the Watch 4, the price would and should be a bit lower by then.

You have nothing to lose.
Parseneault76
Active Level 6
Wearables
Sounds good. You're right. I'll wait till the launch and choose after. Maybe they will do a promo with the Fold 4. I'm thinking change my Note 20u to the new fold. So will wait for another 2 month and make a choice.
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Yeah hopefully they do have a promo.

But from my experience, they never did a real promo offering the watch along with a new phone at the pre-order stage. They only offer some kind of discount.

Like only recently that they offered the watch with the purchase of a Fold 3.

But who knows, fingers crossed. Lol