Original topic:

Watch 5 Blood Oxygen not working.

(Topic created on: 09-24-2022 01:05 PM)
Members_sGdLIWT
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I can't get my Galaxy Watch 5 to read my Blood Oxygen (on my wrist).  I've tried the watch in the position specified (2 fingers from bone, elbow on table, wrist near heart, fingers extended and touching and not touching) as well as a variety of other positions up and down my wrist. Rubbing my wrist till its warmer. Different tightness of watch band.

But every time it scans up to 91% at which point it fails. I can see that the red light does come on.

If I measure on my finger, it does work, (at about 63% it jumps to 100%) but it's value seems low (92%). I've tried enabling Blood Oxygen in sleep mode but this doesn't work either. I have tried the underside of my wrist (even though they specifically say not to) but this doesn't work either.

I have very little (none) body fat on my wrists and they are somewhat hairy (male). I have light skin that is well tanned from sun exposure.

What to do? What is the problem?

Georg

7 Comments
WynterYYC
Active Level 4
Wearables
I've had that happen before (including it not working after adjusting it) on my watch4 but not on my watch5. Also, I've found that it's more sensitive to wrist not being at heart than position on my wrist. Restarting my watch4 worked for me.

PS vampire maybe? 🤣
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Wearables

Hi, we would like to inform you that the watch 5 comes with multiple sensors, and it should be perfectly placed on the wrist.

We kindly request you to follow the tips below to measure your HR accurately reading on the Galaxy Watch 5:

•Make sure you are wearing the watch around your lower arm, just above the wrist.

•The accuracy of the heart rate sensor may depend on your measurement conditions and surroundings, physical factors that affect light absorption and reflection, blood circulation and blood pressure, skin conditions, and the location and concentration of blood vessels.

•In addition, if your heart rate is extremely high or low, measurements may be inaccurate.

•Use the HR feature only for measuring your heart rate.

•Users with thin wrists may receive inaccurate heart rate measurements when the device is loose, causing the light to be reflected unevenly.

•If the heart rate measurement is not working properly, adjust the position of the watch on your wrist.

•If the heart rate sensor is dirty, wipe the sensor and try again. Obstructions between the band and your wrist, such as body hair, dirt, or other objects may prevent the light from reflecting evenly.

•Confirm the HR measurement period is set as continuous

.•When you activate the HR feature, or when you start to use the exercise features, the Galaxy Watch 5 will automatically track your heart rate.

•Use the HR feature 10 minutes after working out and make sure you are calm.

•If the HR level is too high, continue to rest for 10 minutes before taking the measurement again.
If the step and heart rate tracking features are not working properly on your watch, the watch band or strap may be too loose or the watch's software might need updating. However, a simple reboot may solve the problem.

If the step and heart rate tracking features are not working properly on your watch, the watch band or strap may be too loose or the watch's software might need updating. However, a simple reboot may solve the problem.

For Rebooting the watch.

Press and hold the Home key (Power key) and Back key simultaneously for 7 seconds, until the watch displays "Rebooting..." When the watch has finished booting, test the step and heart rate trackers.

artzi
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have been using the Watch 5 Pro since September 2022 (upgraded from Watch 4), and despite trying all the recommendations, 99.9% of the time the reading will stop midway. It doesn't matter what I do, I can never seem to get a reading. So, then I go back to the ZacVrate PRO to get my oxygen levels. My doctor wants me to track oxygen levels so a bit frustrating that I can't do it with the Watch 5 Pro.

bob2480
Active Level 1
Wearables

I have done a factory reset rebooted and everything you have suggested and the O2 sensor will not work itgorsto around 53 and quits I have seen it get up to 92 and quit.  I would like to get this working as I need the O2 sensor. I

Members_sGdLIWT
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Thank you for the quick reply.

Actually, there was a software update for my watch not long after this 'complaint' , and now the Blood Oxygen sensor is reading. I went for a quick bike ride, and confirmed that it was still working after the ride.

Software Update was the trick - obviously there are still some bugs in this new model.

I would like to point out that the calories burned riding a bike and using an elliptical running machine are also wrong. But other people have noticed that too. Hopefully, they will figure out a software patch for that too!

Georg

0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Wearables

Hi, we recommend you to perform a factory reset on your watch.

After this pair your watch then check the Blood Oxygen.

Please follow the steps in the given link to perform a reset and back up your data on your watch.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-smartwatch-reset/

0 Likes
Angshul004
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

I have the same problem. It fails every time or sometimes (very less times) its succeed but jumps 60 to 100 %. Its so frustrating. I think it happens because my skin is black.

0 Likes