Original topic:

Watch takes away Bluetooth from headset when locked

(Topic created on: 11-18-2022 09:44 AM)
sekito
Active Level 6
Options
Wearables
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and a Samsung Galaxy watch 4.
There can be no arguement they work together. They are the same brand. 

When the watch is not on my hand it knows it is not on my hand because whenever you try to touch it it says you need to put in the unlock code.

Most of the day the watch sits in the charger in my bedroom and I am downstairs in the office working.

When I get a call I put on my Bluetooth headset and it connects to my phone. Then after 2 seconds the watch takes the connection away and turns off my headset. In other words I cannot hear anything down in my office and someone is speaking through my watch in my bedroom.

This did not used to happen because the watch knows that it is not on my hand and that no one is touching it and that it is locked. This is very stupid because now I have to disconnect my watch and then when I actually wear it I have to reconnect it to my phone.

Why do you design it like this?
3 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Wearables

Hey @sekito, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Has this been a recent change since a particular software update? 

I suggest sending through an error report for this to be looked into by our dev team. 

To send an error report for a wearable, follow these steps:

1. Go to Galaxy Wearables app > click on the device desired on the side menu
  2. In the side menu, tap Contact us > Error reports (in the Get help section)
  3. Fill in details and the frequency of the issue that you have with the wearable.
  4. Click send.
sekito
Active Level 6
Wearables
It is recent but not sure when. I'm sure it wasn't like this 6 mth ago
0 Likes
sekito
Active Level 6
Wearables
I can't submit an error report it ask for some permission and then just goes away
0 Likes