Original topic:

Watch4 battery life

(Topic created on: 02-08-2023 09:22 AM)
Char7
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables
I have had my Galaxy Watch4, model number SM-R860 for about 1 month and the battery life is awful. When fully charged it says it will last only 10 hours and I have noted that it drains 10% every hour.
I have turned off everything I possibly can without making it watch only. I have tried putting it on the power saving mode but it doesn't change the battery life of how much it drains at all. I can not get through one day without it going dead.
If someone can please help as my watch2 lasted a lot longer than this one.
Thanks.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Widow-Hunter
Active Level 7
Wearables
Have you tried power saving mode?
0 Likes
Char7
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
Hi, yes I have and it gives me 1 hour extra battery which is dismal.
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hello @Char7 

Could you please let me know if the suggestions that @VueeyLe has commented below, help you with you issue. 

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Wearables

Hey there, 

These are the following I can think of causing battery drain: 

1. Is the Heart Rate Monitor making proper contact with you skin? If it isn't, it'll continuously try and scan for a pulse. This can easily kill the battery quite quickly.
    Also, does this short battery life still persist if you turn off the Heart Rate Monitor?
  2. Are you running custom watch faces that aren't from Samsung? Some apps can be resource hungry or misbehaving in the background.
  3. Do you have any background app misbehaving or crashing? This can cause battery drain too
  4. How bright is your screen? Are you pumping it at Max brightness or Auto?
  5. Are you consistently checking your watch and playing with it? Main reason is because if you are always interacting with the watch, then it'll shorten the battery life because of Active On Screen time.

Lastly, out of curiosity, was this bought brand new?
    If so, was this directly from an Authorised Store or Samsung Au Online store? 
    Mainly asking about this because the Galaxy Watch 4 did come out in August and it could've potentially sat on the shelf for a little while with no charge. 
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hello @

Thank you for your suggestions. 

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
consumedbylove
Beginner Level 3
Wearables
I had this issue with the watch4 when I first got it, too. A Samsung rep suggested to use on Bluetooth only for a few weeks and then switch the plan back on. The battery life is adaptive, so it gives you the battery that you need for your daily routine. By using Bluetooth only, the battery lasts longer as the watch adapts to your routine. Once the plan is switched back on, the watch lasts the full day.
It worked for me. Hopefully this little trick helps you, too.
0 Likes