cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Water Resistant Watch3 but Warranty is voided if caused by wettage!!!

(Topic created on: 06-20-2021 11:10 PM)
Ronnmiester
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Why is warranty voided if Galaxy Watch 3 is water resistant and now it's broken because water came inside the watch after a quick swim?

Please note that I bought this Watch3 only in February 2021 only after my Active 2 gave in after the back panel gave in.

Can someone from Samsung comment here? It's a bit unfair asking me to pay 12,900 to repair for a watch that costs 20,990 isn't it? 

You guys advertised it is water resistant, after a quick dip not even a swim for around 10 mins, it shut down. Could this be a factory defective unit? 

If I end up really paying 12,900, I will not buy samsung products anymore. I'll switch back to apple.
12 Comments
Kekok
Active Level 3
Wearables
Because of False Advertisement my friend. Buying uber expensive watches that are poorly made makes Samsung a pig capitalist betraying loyal fans. 🙂
Ronnmiester
Active Level 1
Wearables
So sad, my active 2 experienced the same. Grrrr
EcGo
Active Level 1
Wearables
Samsung should be held accountable for "false adverrisement".
0 Likes
Kekok
Active Level 3
Wearables
Samsung is actually trying to silence me here in this app. Just wait and my comments will be deleted. 😂
Ronnmiester
Active Level 1
Wearables
Omg
TeamGalaxyEvflor
Options
Wearables

Hello, Ronnmiester! I am very sorry to hear about your experience. May I know when and where did you observe this? Warranty can be voided for Physical/Liquid damages and Customer induced damages. So if it happens that our technicians found out that you are the one that is reliable to the damage, I am very sorry to inform you that charges will automatically apply. Kindly refer to out official page (https://www.samsung.com/in/watches/galaxy-watch/galaxy-watch3-41mm-mystic-silver-lte-sm-r855fzsains/) for more information. Also, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM). Thank you and have a nice day! 

0 Likes
Ronnmiester
Active Level 1
Wearables
What if it is a factory defect? And not my fault? There's not even a hair scratch on my watch. So thr technician just assumed that water came in because I may have bumped it along the way?
TeamGalaxyEvflor
Options
Wearables

Yes, the Galaxy Watch 3 has a 5ATM and an IP68 ingress rating. This means the smartwatch will survive a splash or track a swim in the pool and keep on ticking.
But if it's exceeds such, then warranty will automatically be voided. But if that's not the case, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM) or via CHAT SUPPORT: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/PH also your case has been escalated to the higher management. Once again, I am very sorry. Have a nice day ahead! 

Ronnmiester
Active Level 1
Wearables
It's not that case, I was just in for a dip. If you guys assumed that I broke my watch and make me pay 12,900 for a 20,990 watch that's only 4 months old, that's wrong. I'll wait for management's response.
0 Likes