Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Weak NFC on GW 5 pro

(Topic created on: 01-07-2023 12:12 AM)
LowLevel
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables
Just joined samsung family few days ago and brought galaxy watch 5 pro. I'm super happy with its design but there's one bit of problem, the NFC. Tried samsung pay or Google wallet, both hit and missed 80% of the time, such as transport , retail store. 

So far, nothing was fixed neither the repair service do wonders. Ending up using phone as digital payment. 

Has any one got this same problem? I'll be happy if there's Solutions 

0 Likes
Wearables
Thanks for the kind update... 🙏🏽
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Hi, shouldn't be any problem. Do note that u have to point the top of the watch to the payment terminal. I have been using Watch 4 for about a year now and it has always been 100% success. Probably u want to try facing the top of the watch closer to the terminal, yeah? Hope it works. 🙏
LowLevel
Active Level 2
Wearables
Hi, I tried that method by pointing the top of the watch near the payment terminal. Unfortunately , it doesn't read the NFC no matter the distance. There's one odd time it register when I tried to point a bit further and other times going near and wait for few seconds.. its really weird. I couldn't figure out despite. Probably I need practice? Doesn't seems acceptable when my wife's apple watch reads 100% of the time. Just hopping it's software issue rather than hardware.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Okay got it. 👌 U said that u just got it a few days ago? There is a chance that u can try for 1-to-1 exchange. No point for a repair, when ur watch is brand new and they want to do an "operation" on a brand new watch.

Just to check that u are doing the same step as per below image, right?Screenshot_20230107_151415_Chrome.jpg
LowLevel
Active Level 2
Wearables
Hi, yup. Followed the steps above. I've booked appointments let see if they willing to do 1 to 1 exchange. Thanks again
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
No problem. 😁 Alright hope they will offer a full replacement, instead of a repair. 👍
LowLevel
Active Level 2
Wearables
It's all working now after motherboard replacement. 😂
Looks like I got faulty unit after all20230111_194258_1000001787_1673437407.jpg
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Ah great! 🤩 But they repair by replacing the motherboard component, not replace with a brand new set, right? 😅
LowLevel
Active Level 2
Wearables
That's right
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
I was low key expecting a brand new set replacement, since urs is a brand new set. A repair would seem like someone just meddled with my brand new gadget.. would my watch's water resistance still be maintained.. haha.. this is my thought, especially this is a watch, where u get it exposed to water more often than u would for a phone e.g. a rinse after a run/swim session.