- Google has implemented optimizations in Wear OS 4 to improve power efficiency.
- A native backup and restore tool has been added, allowing seamless switching between Wear OS watches.
- Text-to-speech functionality is being improved for a more reliable experience.
- Permissions granted on your phone will automatically carry over to a new Wear OS watch during setup.
- Google is working on native Calendar and Gmail apps for Wear OS, enabling RSVPing to event invites and replying to emails from the watch.
- Wear OS is gaining deeper integration with Google Home, providing enhanced device controls including lights and camera previews.
- Wear OS 4 is set to launch in the fall of 2023, potentially coinciding with the release of the Pixel Watch 2.
- Samsung has introduced One UI Watch 5 for Galaxy Watches, but it's unclear if it is based on Wear OS 4.