Original topic:

Which Galaxy Watch 5 should I buy?

(Topic created on: 03-08-2023 03:39 PM)
Jonb059
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
I'm confused about the 40mm, 44mm bluetooth and 4G variants. I like a light Watch and only really need a day's worth of battery. I want to be able to receive calls but with samsungs inbuilt ability to receive calls on any networked device do I need cellular connectivity? Oh and blood pressure monitoring is a must. Any guide would be appreciated.
7 Comments
Wearables
Perhaps the 44mm based on what you've written (also larger battery than the 40mm).
Regarding LTE/4G, if you want or need to use the watch for calls when you're away from the phone, then you'll need the 4g model.

Personally, I have the Watch5 44mm Bluetooth and the Watch5 Pro LTE.
I prefer, for day to day use, the pro.
I feel the screen has a bit more protection due to the high lip around the screen.

Having said that, you can buy bumpers and screen protectors if you really felt the need to add some protection.
Jonb059
Active Level 4
Wearables
Hey thanks for that. I'll keep those points in mind when I stop procrastinating and commit to the purchase.
24P
Active Level 4
Wearables
I have the 5 pro Bluetooth and find it great. Battery is great on it. Unless you're someone that leaves their phone at home or in the car and still want to be contacted i suggest getting just a Bluetooth one. Service providers generally charge you more for the extra sim card too. Hope this has helped. Good luck
0 Likes
Jonb059
Active Level 4
Wearables
Yes. I was wondering about whether or not the Bluetooth only device might have less battery drain. Can the Bluetooth only watch connect to Wifi even if it's not in Bluetooth range to the phone?
0 Likes
Icelite
Active Level 6
Wearables
Watch 5 pro LTE
get the LTE you do not need an extra sim for the watch you just connect it through the Galaxy wearable app it shares the same plan with your phone does cost $5 extra per month but then you can leave your phone at home in the car in a locker etc and still make/receive phone calls and your calls won't drop out if you leave Bluetooth range and finding your phone 😉 when you think you left it somewhere. Going to the store while phone is charging swimming exercising cooking cleaning. Sometimes I forget my phone is downstairs because I'm talking on my watch also better than using the speaker setting on the phone. Free's up your phone too.
Can't wait until they put an UDC in the watch then video calls lol or at least them watching where my arm is pointing
0 Likes
Jonb059
Active Level 4
Wearables
Hey. Thanks for taking the time to share your advice with me. I think this is what I will go with.
0 Likes
Icelite
Active Level 6
Wearables
Welcome to the watch club 🫂😁
0 Likes