Original topic:

Why ECG&Blood Preasure does not cover Malaysia market for Galaxy Watch 4?

(Topic created on: 08-12-2021 12:03 AM)
ShayCool
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Surprisingly, Malaysia market...we are entering to 5G generations but Galaxy Watch 4 ECG & Blood preasure does not available for Malaysian market??? Oh my😪😔 Some more that suprised me in the country listing shared during Galaxy Packed, Indonesia market will get ECG & Blood Preasure feature in their Gxy Watch 4...🤔🧐🤦🤦

13 Comments
RomiAbdullah
Active Level 4
Wearables
Indeed. I bought Galaxy Watch Active 2 for ECG. Until now still not covered. 🤣
joonsuan
Active Level 4
Wearables
Exactly...
joonsuan
Active Level 4
Wearables
Most likely to do with the inefficiency of the relevant authorities ...
chmod-777
Active Level 2
Wearables
somehow Apple has pulled it off with MDA last February before their official ECG roll out in April for MY. this makes me wonder if MDA Malaysia is inefficient or it was Samsung Malaysia that is sleeping.. or simply don't care. Isn't it the case?
Riez
Active Level 2
Wearables
Maybe samsung didn't do their job to get MDA's approval 😒
chmod-777
Active Level 2
Wearables
don't be surprised. I was expecting some rep from Samsung Malaysia would at least respond in this forum but until now we haven't heard anything from Samsung rep or forum's moderator. It doesn't have to be a definitive response for the time being as long as there's some progress. without any feedback, I take it as no action being made from Samsung to enable ECG function in Malaysia.
chmod-777
Active Level 2
Wearables
...and watch 4 just got ECG approval in Australia 🇦🇺 yesterday by their TGA, just in time for watch 4 launch there down under. automatically, watch active 2 watch 3 will get the same as well pending for firmware update. and while in Malaysia 🇲🇾... wei.. bangun la wei.
Riez
Active Level 2
Wearables
This is samsung's reply to my feedback..it going to be a while 😅Screenshot_20210820-092940_Samsung Members_59595.jpg
chmod-777
Active Level 2
Wearables
hahah.. some of the members here bought Active2 1.5 years ago on the premise that the feature will come to Malaysia eventually. I assume that they got the same feedback from Samsung Malaysia when they asked Samsung support about when the feature will be enabled in our market.

What I read from Samsung's response above is just Samsung confirmation that the feature is not available in our market which is a public knowledge. What I or maybe some of the people here want to know is that, are they already working on getting the feature / function approval from our authority. Whether it's going to be approved or not.. or when is it going to be approved is beyond their control.