제목:

One UI 6 HDR Improvement suggestion

(게시글 작성 시간: 10-08-2023 10:04 PM)
797 보기
actorleeminho
Active Level 6
옵션
갤럭시 S

Please revise the HDR algoritm when watching movies and viewing pictures, currently on one ui 5.1, hdr viewing only works when video brightness is enabled on settings which is finnicky, and I noticed a bug, especially in netlfix and somewhat youtube that hdr does not work properly when viewing hdr content, I noticed this because when I put it in full brightness, only the media control buttons on the app itself gets bright but not the actual hdr video. Please remove the video brightness algorithm and just make hdr viewing automatic on when a hdr video is playing and not the whole app, its very unintuitive especially when going back to the homescreen there,s a delay in the adjustment of the brightness. It just does’nt work. Please fix asap. Thank you

3 댓글
갤럭시 S
영화를 보고 사진을 볼 때 HDR 알고리즘을 수정하세요. 현재 one ui 5.1에서는 hdr 보기가 까다로운 설정에서 비디오 밝기가 활성화된 경우에만 작동하며, 특히 netlfix와 일부 YouTube에서 hdr이 작동하지 않는 버그를 발견했습니다. hdr 콘텐츠를 제대로 볼 때 이것을 발견한 이유는 최대 밝기로 설정하면 앱 자체의 미디어 제어 버튼만 밝아지고 실제 hdr 비디오는 밝아지지 않기 때문입니다. 비디오 밝기 알고리즘을 제거하고 전체 앱이 아닌 hdr 비디오가 재생될 때 hdr 보기를 자동으로 켜십시오. 특히 홈 화면으로 돌아갈 때 매우 비직관적이며 밝기 조정이 지연됩니다. 작동하지 않습니다. 최대한 빨리 고쳐주세요. 감사합니다
S22_S20U_User_777
Expert Level 1
갤럭시 S
번역 감사합니다
삼성멤버스-운영담당
Community Manager
옵션
갤럭시 S

Thank you for your suggestion.
HDR has been using high brightness mode based on current brightness for the high dynamic range.
It is common HDR's world-wide strategy.
HDR makes brightness up when the assigned HDR layer size is bigger than 90% of the max available display size from that HDR content's ratio.

And HDR's brightness up means little bit different with normal brightness up control.
That means HDR's target brightness Nit for tone mapping will be increased.
So, it can enhance dynamic range with less tone compression not just brightness up and the result depends on HDR content how it is mastered.

As for other UI which are SDR while watching HDR, we have a plan to support the preservation of SDR brightness.