cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery Drains so Fast

(Topic created on: 06-29-2023 07:38 PM)
Galaxy A
So I was doing a test to see how much battery drain will my phone (Samsung Galaxy A54 5G) get if I enable the sleep mode at night. To my surprise I did not expect the result. It actually is very dissapointing.

These are the results i got using my two phones. The older one (Samsung Galaxy A71) vs the new one (Samsung Galaxy A54 5G)

IMPORTANT DETAILS:

I stopped using both phones at 11pm
● I checked the battery percent of both phones at 8am
● Both phones are 100% fully charged
● I set the new phone (Galaxy A54 5G) to sleep mode. See attached screenshot below
For the old phone, i did not set it to sleep mode but I turned off the wifi

RESULTS:

The new phone (Galaxy A54 5G) dropped from 100% to 77% after 9 hours. Dropped 23%
● The old phone (Galaxy A71) dropped from 100% to 95% after 9 hours. Dropped 5%

BACKGROUND PROCESS:

On the Battery settings in the Device Care, I only found 2 processes and those are:
 1. System UI
 2. Google Play Services

● Both the old and new phone registered only 1 minute of active process in the System UI and Google Play Services

● These are the differences when it comes to the background process:
 1. System UI and Google Play Services both run in the background for 3 hours in my old phone
 2. System UI and Google Play Service both run in the background for 9 hours in my new phone

QUESTIONS:

1. Based on the result, I am really wondering why is the System UI and Google Play Services run in the background for the whole night in my new phone while my old phone only run it for 3 hours?

2. I really thought my old phone will drain faster but to my surprise my new phone drained the battery faster even though I enabled the sleep mode. Why?

If you have the same experience as me, please let me know on the comment

This is what I meant by sleep mode:

This is the result the next morning in my Galaxy A54 5G:

16 Comments
apocalypseada
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hello! A54 user here. Have you tried setting your apps to deep sleep? 1% lang po bawas sakin overnight.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Yes. Actually if the sleep mode is activated only 6 apps are allowed to work that is, Settings, Play Store, Clock, Messages, Modes and Routines, and Call. So all other apps are put to deep sleep

These settings are also turned off: Wifi, Bluetooth, Location. NfC.

I really think it has something to do with the software? 🤔
0 Likes
apocalypseada
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Not sure po eh. I did some calculations at pag nasa labas ako ng bahay then basic use + 5G eh umaabot po ng 13.8% ang nababawas per hour of SCREEN ON time.

Nanotice ko mas mabilis siya mag drain sa Realme 8 5G ko. But then my Realme uses IPS LCD kasi 🥹
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello JasonInsang,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with your beloved Samsung Galaxy A54 having issues with the battery drain. I feel and understand why you are worried for a device that you've take care so much. If my device is facing similar experience, I will be bothered too.

Battery consumption and lifespan varies depending on a number of factors, including the frequency of device use, the number of installed and running apps, operating system errors, and network connectivity. 5G networks may drain the battery faster, but Galaxy phones use advanced AI-based software to efficiently control battery consumption to suit your usage patterns.

Before you try out the below recommendations as to your solution, be sure to check if your device's software are updated with the latest version. Please check how to update your mobile device's software in the following order. 

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

5G service may consume more battery.

While connected to a 5G network, your phone may consume more battery than usual. Current 5G services are compliant with the Non-Standalone (NSA)* standard, which uses 4G (LTE) and 5G together. Therefore, 5G and 4G (LTE) circuits are used simultaneously for the high-speed processing of large-capacity data.

Since your phone is connected to multiple networks at the same time, the battery may drain faster than you would typically expect, and your phone may get a little warmer than when solely on 3G or LTE. To make up for this, you can use features that will optimize and improve your phone's overall performance. 

* NSA(Non-Standalone): The first roll-out of 5G networks and devices will be brought under Non-Standalone (NSA) operation, which is to say that the 5G networks will be supported by existing 4G infrastructure. Thus, 5G-enabled devices will connect to 5G frequencies for data throughout but will still use 4G for non-data features such as connecting to the base stations and servers.

How to optimize your phone battery.

If you want to extend the battery lifespan of your phone or if you feel that the battery is draining fast, you can optimize your phone overall, manage app power as well as optimize individual apps. You can reduce battery consumption in the following ways.

Optimize the overall usage of your phone.

You can optimize your phone using the Device care feature to reduce battery consumption by closing unused apps and controlling abnormal battery usage. Follow the steps below.

Step 1. Open Settings, and then select Battery and device care.

Step 2. Tap Optimize now. Device care automatically optimizes your phone.

The quick optimization feature improves device performance through the following actions.

• Closes apps running in the background.
  • Manages abnormal battery usage.
  • Scans for crashed apps and malware.

Using the auto optimization feature

You can set the device to perform auto optimization when your device is not in use. Tap More options > Automation > Auto optimize daily and tap the switch to activate it.

Adjust Background usage limits.

The more unused apps there are running in the background, the more power your battery will use. Background usage limits can be set to reduce battery consumption. Follow the steps below.

Step 1. Open Settings, and then select Battery and device care.

Step 2. Tap Battery.

Step 3. Tap Background usage limits.

Step 4. Set the app you want to control.

You can choose from the following settings:

• Put unused apps to sleep which will automatically put apps to sleep if they have not been used for a while.
  • Sleeping apps allows you to choose the apps that won't run in the background. You can view your current sleeping apps as well.
  • Deep sleeping apps will never run in the background and will only work when you open them.
  • Never sleeping apps allows you to choose which apps will not automatically be set to sleeping mode.

Optimize individual apps.

You can optimize individual apps to use less battery. Follow the steps below.

Step 1. Open Settings, and then select Apps.

Step 2. Tap More options (the three vertical dots).

Step 3. Select Special access

Step 4. Select Optimize battery usage.

Step 5. Select the app you want to optimize. Optimized apps use less battery.

Note: Optimized apps will use less battery, but some background functions will be restricted.

If that doesn't fix the problem, you may submit an error report through the Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Power/Battery/Charging".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

If the issue persists, you may bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center in your area. Rest assured that your device will undergo an assessment to pinpoint the root cause of the issue. Our Samsung engineers and technicians will guide you and offer solutions to restore it.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

or book an appointment with the Samsung Members app as follows:

Support > Book an appointment to set one.

Should you need further assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Be sure to click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" when you find our answers helpful to you.

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.

0 Likes
Galaxy A
Thank you for the reply. Ill try to do some of this
Lambsauce
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Try turning off the all the permissions of samsung health
Galaxy A
I am not using samsung health po
0 Likes
Lambsauce
Active Level 6