Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy A55

(Topic created on: 01-18-2024 03:56 PM)
IamSimon
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Waiting for A55 to be released.... But let's hope we can get in Snapdragon chip set.
0 Likes
13 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi, if I am not wrong, the A midrange phone will release in Feb/Mar, right?
0 Likes
IamSimon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yes... Definitely going to get one. But the Exynos chip set isn't my favorite.

Guessed I don't have a choice.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Probably u can wait for the S24/S24+ Snapdragon vs Exynos test videos to be out.. then u can see whether this year's Exynos chip is good. I know I may be taking an apple vs orange comparison (Flagship vs Midrange). But it would be a good gauge to see if Exynos has taken a leap forward this year, compared to Snapdragon.
0 Likes
IamSimon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you.. I am using the A51 running on Exynos chip.... No issues here, except sometimes there are lagging, which I know is becos of the chip set.

The S series.... I won't consider it is just too expensive for me. But good to watch the video and see.

Nevertheless, I am still very excited and patiently waiting for the release of A55....
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Cos for me, I don't mind going for the flagship series, because I know I will use my phone for quite some time before switching, probably 3 to 4 years of usage. Hence, I will go for a phone that can last multiple of years and sufficient software support.

I can see that Samsung are now including the mid-range and some of the budget series to have longer software support, so it's great Samsung knows these are not a small bunch and if they don't treat us well, they can switch to alternative brands which provide affordable prices and now longer software support as well.

Anyway, u have lasted long as well.. 😉 from A51 to upcoming A55.. 5 years to date..
IamSimon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I am reluctant to change my A51. It has 2 sims and a separate SD. I got this phone in HK. However, I understand that phones in SG don't have 2 sims + SD cards. (My wife found out her IPHONE she bought in HK has 2 Sims...while the same model in SG only got 1).

So that is also a consideration.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Hmm.. sorry I am not very sure for A series.. but I know that S series and Z series sim card slot can cater up to 2 physical sim. But all cannot fit an SD card anymore.

For HK, the downside is that they don't support eSIM.
IamSimon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Huh esim? Does the latest S series support esim? But even though it does, many Telco might not be able to support it.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes, from S21 series onwards, they can all support eSIM now. Currently, in Singapore, specifically the main 4 telcos, only Simba and M1 are offering this option. For Singtel, only for tourist sim cards and whereas, StarHub doesn't offer eSIM at all.

Actually, now whenever I travel overseas, I will opt for overseas eSIM, because of the convenience.