Original topic:

Help editing tools

(Topic created on: 03-15-2023 01:51 PM)
Kookyrose
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I really hope someone can help. I have an A13 and cannot access any editing tools to edit video. When I click on the pencil icon nothing happens, there are no other icons, no scissors etc. I have updated the app but nothing is working. Help please!

0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy A
Try going to

Settings > Apps > Photos Editor

Make sure it have permission to access photos and videos.

You can click also the storage to clear cache. If still not working, clear data then restart. Then test.

Good luck!

EDIT:

Do you have this installed? If not, try installing this Samsung Video Library app.

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.videolist&cId=000006597128

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hey @_nok_ 

Thanks for your help. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
First, review your user manual. You may find editing features in photo but not video. Second, Google best android video editing software. Hopefully something useful in Play Store. Finally you might find YouTube helpful by searching android (or Samsung or A13) video editing.
Galaxy A
Samsung have it's own editor for video, which is part of this app https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.videolist&cId=000006597128

You can edit the video directly from Gallery.1678858438794_1678858438789_0.jpg
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Yes, but other editors are available and if they work for you, you can make them the default. Note that apps that are alternatives to default apps are usually written to compete with or add features or quality not in the original app.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I'm just replying to your statement "First, review your user manual. You may find editing features in photo but not video.". Which is not true because Gallery have one.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Have a look at this link. It indicates some features in Gallery app for photos and some overlapping and some different in videos, also I was referring initially to camera and not gallery. Camera editing tools normally relate mainly to things which can operate whilst taking photos or videos, gallery tools normally relate t editing of the final product.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090244/
0 Likes
Galaxy A
You lost me now. OP is saying the pencil icon is not working on video. Then you said its not available/works for video and then suggested to use 3rd party apps. And now you're saying you are talking about the camera editing tools.. Is there a pencil icon in the default camera app? 🤔

Anyway, not here to argue just trying to help and clear things up for OP. And hope OP resolves it.

Also, your link is not working.

EDIT: link working now. It specifically says there that it's for phots and videos. 1678873007495_1678873007485_0.jpg
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hey @Troubadour 

Thanks for your help. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes