Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My samsung A8 phone has randomy showing ads anywhere

(Topic created on: 01-31-2023 02:54 AM)
Rendellsibal
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Even my phone at home screen, the ads are showing up, whenether I'm playing games that interrupted my work. How can I stop amd where I found this malware?
11 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try turning off Wi-Fi.
0 Likes
Rendellsibal
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
What causes of that? And how can I permanently fix it without turning off wifi? I done restarting my phone even but still popping up.
0 Likes
Rendellsibal
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hello?
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Your downloaded apps might be the cause of the pop up ads. To get rid of those pop up ads, you'll have to uninstall an app without any name or icon. Go to Settings > Apps, look for an app without a name or an icon, tap it > Uninstall > OK.
Rendellsibal
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Are the pop up ads gone now?
Rendellsibal
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Yes
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello Rendellsibal,

Thanks for reaching out to us in order to find out on how to stop add on your Samsung Galaxy device while playing games.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 4. Restart your device.

If you are noticing advertisements popping up on your lock screen, homepage or within applications on your Galaxy device this would be caused by a third party app. In order to remove these adverts, you will need to either disable the application or completely uninstall from your Galaxy device.

If the adverts have only recently popped up on your device, you can easily search through your recently installed applications from the Google PlayStore and uninstall your most recent apps until the ads no longer appear on your device. If the ads have been popping up for a while, there are a few settings to check which apps is the cause.

1) Identifying the app.
2) Blocking Ads via Chrome.
3) Blocking Ads via Samsung Internet.
4) Samsung Global Goals.
5) Privacy Settings.

Blocking Ads via Chrome.

Step 1. Head into the Google Chrome app and tap the 3 Dots.
Step 2. Select Settings.
Step 3. Scroll down the page and locate Site Settings
Step 4. Tap on Pop-ups and redirects.
Step 5. Ensure this setting is toggled off, then head back to the site settings.
Step 6. Select Ads.
Step 7. Ensure this setting is toggled off.

For more help and assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Let us know if you've found a solution by tapping "Accept as Solution" on the answer you like!

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead!

Rendellsibal
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Thanks.
0 Likes