Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A54 5G camera causes phone to restart

(Topic created on: 10-17-2023 04:05 AM)
BassDriven
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

When trying to zoom in or focus or take a photograph almost every time the phone just restarts. 

Screenshot_20231017_120458_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20231016_160815_Settings.jpg

The phone is running the latest update, I just got this phone a few days ago. 

11 Comments
PUFFY_AmiYumi
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Camera failed?
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyBianx
Options
Galaxy A

Hi BassDriven! Your camera might be experiencing a few bugs. Here are some steps you can take to fix this issue: http://spr.ly/CameraFailed-SM 

Let us know how it goes! 📸

0 Likes
BassDriven
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

My camera and phone are up to date, I've cleared all the cache and data from the app, I'm not about to factory reset the phone after only having it a few days and having spent hours setting up all my 2FA etc 

0 Likes
TeamGalaxyBianx
Options
Galaxy A

Hi again, BassDriven! I totally understand. Your phone might have some bugs lurking around. You can go ahead and try to wipe your cache partition instead. Doing so clears out temporary files from your phone's operating system. It also cleans up any extra files from apps. This can help resolve some issues as it clears out potential bugs. It's completely safe, and here's how you can do it:

1. Turn off device
  2. Connect your device to a computer
  3. Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons
  4. Once the Android recovery screen shows up, release all buttons
  5. Use the Volume Down button to hover over "Wipe cache partition"
  6. Press the Power button to select "Wipe cache partition"
  7. Use the Volume Down button to hover over "Yes"
  8. Again, use the Power button to select and confirm your choice
  9. Wait for the system to wipe the cache
  10. Reboot your device like normal

Good luck and let me know if this works!

0 Likes
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Hmm, seems like it's from international, judging by the service provider software version. Did you buy this from United Arab Emirate?
0 Likes
BassDriven
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I bought it from amazon im from the UK, but for some reason I was sent a UAE phone which I'm annoyed about as it doesn't have esim support, but somehow managed to come here without realising this is the Philippines support community, I found this forum because someone else has the same issue https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a/issue-of-galaxy-a54-5g/td-p/23828342

0 Likes
dfcPE
Active Level 8
Galaxy A

This seems to be a global issue. Here in Brazil me and some mates are facing the same problem. Very disapppointed with this device.

0 Likes
rj09
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I live in Hungary and I'm facing this issue as well. Just bought a Samsung A54 5G device and the phone restarts (As mentioned above). Indeed it's a global Issue.

Samsung should FIX this asap. Very DISAPPOINTING! 

0 Likes
Iuliann
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I just got mine and it has the exact same issue. I am from Romania. Everytime i take 5/6 pictures with zoom, the phone restarts instantly. If they don't fix this in the next few days, I will probably be forced to return the phone. Too bad, because I really like the phone.

0 Likes