Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wired headset not working when video calling

(Topic created on: 07-01-2023 11:50 PM)
arnel06
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hi, anyone have also encounter video calling in Facebook messenger using wired headset, the ringing tone and audio of the conversation comes out in the speaker phone instead of the headset. I also checked the call settings of messenger app, there is Headset and Phone to choose but unable to select the headset. 
No issue when using messenger voice call. I can also play music and video and no issue using the headset. 
My device is samsung A73 and using samsung AKG type-c headset. I also tested Audio Technica c-type headset still the same issue.

Soft reset on device, reset all settings and 
Latest software update was also done.

Please help share remedy if someone already encounter this issue.

Thanks!
0 Likes
13 Comments
Teebeesoon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hello
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi, do u have another headset, be it wireless or wired which u can use to test the video calling on Facebook messager again?
0 Likes
arnel06
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Yes i did test with another wired c-type headset same issue. I only have this problem when using wired headset in messenger video calling. For wireless earbud no issue as i also tested.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Hmm.. looks like there is a bug with wired Type C Headset.. probably u can try to report this technical issue under Safety in Messenger app and see if they will get back to u on this issue.
0 Likes
donutsX
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
It could be Messenger issue .. I experience the same thing whichis really annoying.
0 Likes
Len9512
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Same here. I noticed after the latest update of my phone, I cannot use my wired headset while video calling via messenger but all other apps works fine.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Probably u guys can submit ur phone logs to Facebook Messenger and see what their response will be.
0 Likes
Wcsj
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Ya i also faced the same issue. After I update the software, my fb video call isn't working too. I have wrote in, and they suggested to do a factory reset.

Obviously is their software issues. How is it possible that a new headset is also not working properly on 4 different devices??
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Huh.. factory reset.. and if it doesn't work again, the effort of factory reset will be futile.. 1 factory reset can spend me 1 whole day to backup data before and restore the data after.
0 Likes