Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro Screen breaking off the hinge!!!

(Topic created on: 06-27-2023 08:22 AM)
t0815
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Books

Im kind of pissed.

I was really happy with my GB Pro up until now, but yesterday the screen broke off from the hinge! The Device has always been handled with care, never dropped or anything!

Unbelievable. 1700€ for this.

The problem Is, this is a major engineering flaw tbh. The Screen is secured with small plastic hooks and is glued to the hinge, but the force on every opening and closing of the lid is too strong for these flimsy plastic hooks. So over time, plastics become brittle and cant withstand those forces anymore!

Samsung for the love of god, in your next iterations, make the complete hinge out of Metal! Now i can reglue the Screen to the hinge and hope it will work again.

2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Books

"1700€"?

You know that this is Samsung Members Canada?

But, yeah that blows! 

0 Likes
SamsungUser2024
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Books

After aaaall the reviews I saw about the Galaxy Book3 360, I did not see anything about the hinge.

Today I was sitting in class and wanted to turn it over to use it in tablet mode, and crack...I hear the right side hinge break and the screen pop out. I couldn't believe it. 

I swear to God I bought it on January 12th, just 15 days ago, and it broke.

That's why I was going through Google now trying to see if other people have had the same issue with the right hinge. 

I still can't believe it. I hope I can return it. I called Samsung, the associate on the line told me this isn't covered by Mnaufacturer/Workmanship warranty.

0 Likes