Original topic:

Touchpad Issues on Galaxy Book 4 Pro 360 16"

(Topic created on: 05-13-2024 12:05 PM)
Derp3
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Books
My Galaxy Book 4 Pro's trackpad has an annoying problem of not registering small movements. It completely does not register fine movements, makes basic tasks like highlighting texts and using spreadsheets a drag. This issue was prevalent in the GB3 Pro series also.

Very inaccurate and flawed trackpad, takes away from the user experience.

Tried all different settings, speed and sensitivity same issue.

Tested a demo unit at a local Best Buy same issue.

0 Likes
9 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi Derp3, we are sad to hear that. Can you please visit the link given below and check if you have tried the steps given.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/computing/galaxy-book-use-the-touchpad/

Thank you.

0 Likes
Derp3
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books
I have, issue persists
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Galaxy Books
If there is any kind of fingerprint or tell-tale sign of trackpad use, power off the laptop fully. Use a microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol (not much, just a dab over a folded section) to clean the trackpad. Wait until dry, then power on and test.
0 Likes
Derp3
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books
No luck
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Galaxy Books
Shoot.

Fully save ALL your work before proceeding! Close all applications. Period!

OK open up device manager.
See the listed trackpad
Connect an external mouse.
Search full set of drivers for your specific laptop model by serial number.
Download for chipset, etc including the trackpad and unpack in C:\Drivers folder but keep each listing in it's own discreet sub-folder.
Then fully uninstall the trackpad within device manager- when prompted to delete the driver tell is YES (you've previously downloaded and unpacked it and you have an external mouse just in case).
Reboot the computer after saving all your work and remove external mouse until fully rebooted and test the trackpad.
0 Likes
Derp3
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books
Samsung specific drivers are not available to download from the web. All these drivers are coming from Samsung update and windows update.

I have tried this method, by disabling and uninstalling trackpad. After PC reboot the driver gets reinstalled automatically on its own.

Even with this trackpad still has the issue with fine movements
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Galaxy Books
Drivers from Microsoft gets installed by default before any update is done. From what you're explaining you did not explicitly state YES to delete the Samsung drivers during the uninstall process - else you'd know the Microsoft default driver would be installed and then you'd proceed to get the update.

Am I mistaken with this presumption, based on what you stated above? Cause doing this process as I explained may garner a different result - not guaranteed but ignoring doesn't help tho.

FYI sorry I don't generalize for a reason as things get missed or misconstrued.
0 Likes
Derp3
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books
I think you may be correct to make that assumption.

As I go into device manager under Human Interface Devices, I uninstalled the HID Compliant Touchpad Driver.

Driver Provider Microsoft, 06/21/2006.

That being said I don't see Samsung Touchpad drivers anywhere. When I go to Samsung update touchpad driver is not on the list, does it disappear from list after installation?

I recall when I ran Samsung Updates touch pad updates were called touch pad firmware update.
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Galaxy Books
Try running the Samsung update to see if it pulls the drivers (maybe 1 reboot required)?

Strange that Samsung does not have a server repository for all their computer drivers.

1715658736280.jpg1715658736325.jpg
0 Likes