Original topic:

Help! How to clean my Galaxy Note S-Pen Port

(Topic created on: 09-10-2021 01:35 AM)
AVICI01
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi, I was cycling and dropped my phone on sand/gravel path. The S-Pen dislodged and now  there are some debris that got inside the port. I tried to put my S-Pen back and I feel a scraping sound so I didn't put it back in. How do I clean the inside port? Can I rinse it with water?!
5 Comments
Galaxy Note
Try an air can duster
Galaxy Note
Sorry to hear that. From technical point of view...Galaxy Note 8 to 20 is rated IP68. The Note can water-resistant up to 5 feet for up to 30 minutes.

Now, real life. I have not try putting my Notes under water. But if Note can survive 5 feet under water for 30 minutes, the SPen slot should have water get in too.

So, pour some water for rinse theoretically should have no problem. But I still cannot gaurantee. Also, after rinse the slot, let it dry.

Maybe some other members can give you some suggestion.

But I don't recommend you use compressed air to blow the sand, this can blow the debris to the deep end or the slot.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Do not listen to this seriously bad advice 🤦
Pour water inside your phone purposely? omg bad idea ?!
I'm pretty sure from a real life view 🙃 👈
Water is more penetrable than dust and likely more conductive to short something out 🤷 ?
I'm with @defconphil
First let you device dry so debris can be moved out then
Try an air duster 🤙 👍
Could possibly use a Q-tip or something as well ✌️
Please do not intentially put water into your device though, ugh 😣
It weaks me out that you never drown your device before and your telling someone else to take the plunge 🤔20210910_054523_13454.jpg
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Avici01, I suggest you please reach out to Text We Care (932 273) or live chat support by using the link below and they will let you know with the available options. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat. We are available 24/7. For In-warranty: If you need service support for your Samsung products, we will arrange a convenient and safe pick-up service solution at your home. We will also arrange service pick-up and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service centre and from the service back to your home. For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices.

For Out of warranty: For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service centre directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

AVICI01
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thank you all for your advice. My issue is resolved I just rinse my phone with water and the dirt inside the port came loose. 🙃