Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 latest update screen flash/sms app popup

(Topic created on: 09-25-2021 06:39 AM)
kincaid
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
With the latest update on the note 20 ultra there was another forum posted about screen flashes which I get as well but it's actually the text message app popping up and closing for a split second. Anyone know why tf this is happening and how to stop it?? If I click to see what apps are open it shows the Samsung sms app with a black blank preview and does not even open when I switch to the app. This is incredibly annoying since watching videos or while driving with Google maps the flicker causes the video or navigation to minimize.
26 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

This isn't an actual fix, but it will minimise the issue until Samsung fixes it properly.

Settings > Apps search for Samsung Messages & click on it then scroll down to Allow to Appear on Top & Toggle it OFF. 

kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Ty for a reply.. just wondering is anyone else experiencing this as well?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yes, a bunch of other people have reported the same / similar issue. 

Samsung's Moderators have been instructing people to contact their Carrier, but it's not a Carrier issue, it's a Samsung Messages issue.

It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone, but enough people.

Hopefully Samsung will push a hotfix? 

Leah1234
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I am! I came here to see if anyone else had posted about it. It's really frustrating as if I'm typing something on messenger or WhatsApp or a website when it happens, I lose everything I typed. When I go to settings in the messages app, it takes me to a Google messaging page. Apparently it's run by jyve or something now. I thought it could be because of my kids school accounts, so I deleted them from my phone, but it's still happening. Just happened now, so I need to post before I have to type this a 3rd time. So frustrating!
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Red dog rabbit suggestion helps for now till we get an actual fix.
0 Likes
purple-haze
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
I'm experiencing the same thing on my S20 after last update. Was told by support to go to safe mode & remove the offending 3rd party app, but how do I know which 3rd party app it is?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Samsung Support usually doesn't know what they are talking about & just use a flip chart to give cut & paste responses. 

The app that is quite likely causing the issue isn't a 3rd party app, but Samsung's Messaging app. 

Try the steps below & see if it works for you as well. 

(from my previous post) 

This isn't an actual fix, but it will minimise the issue until Samsung fixes it properly.

Settings > Apps search for Samsung Messages & click on it then scroll down to Allow to Appear on Top & Toggle it OFF. 

purple-haze
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks. I did toggle it off...we'll see what happens.
TH0R
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I am also having this issue.