cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Fold 4 5G overheats and burnt a whole to the LCD screen whilst using on the way to work.

(Topic created on: 04-17-2024 06:38 PM)
Abdul_Latiff_Samat
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I have bought a Samsung Fold 4 5G from Singtel on last May 16, 2023. I have been using it regularly for work and it working fine till yesterday. Whilst travelling to work, in the train, I was sending WA messages and suddenly the centre part of the flip screen got overheated and melted a hole through. I immediately called Singtel who advise me to proceed to Samsung Centre at Causeway point. I took time off from work and proceeded to Samsung Service Centre.
I then took a number and waited. When I was called to the Counter 3 to be served by a Malay girl, she immediately said - "Oh screen cracked, your warranty is void and theres nothing we could do about it"
I said "you have not heard what I wanna say and you judge that it cannot be repaired when its not my fault. Why don you check it first or something that caused this." She said in a cold manner that regardless if its your fault or the internal phone glitch, the warranty is still void because the screen is damaged.
I kept telling her to check internally because its totally not my fault that the screen cracked or the LCD melted when i was just using it. Further, there is no evident damage to the external part of the phone which contributes the screen cracked from a fall or a drop. She just said sorry i cannot help you with that and ignored me. I told her if damage is caused by me - I would agree with the costs of the repair.
I am utterly disappointed with the service she gave which so unprofessional coming from Samsung as I have been a Samsung user for a very many many years.
The after sales service is not satisfactory at all. I have many Samsung products in my house. This worries me.

0 Likes
2 Comments
Darknight10
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Samsung 😵💫. No more Samsung product anymore!
Soundar
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
My flip 4 had been repaired by the service engineer.
I noticed these items during his repair..
Failt Item 1 is the display tag cable was damaged internally due to flipping as usual every day.. but not even one year passed by.

Fault item 2 is both the batteries in this phone was bulged even though it haven't past 2 years.. I think the battery quality is worse in samsung phones.. my note 20 ultra had this issue a year ago. The display and panel came apart due to bulge issue in note 20 ultra..

My takeaway from see this phone repair is
1. Don't flip too many times even though the phones name is samsung Galaxy Flip 4 😅😭
2. As the battery bulge issue, this phone some times over heats, so I can't prolong the use of camera 😥

3. Samsung care plus is a scam if we had to pay for their manufacturing defects warranty replacements. Think about the case if I had never purchased the one care plus, the second time I had to may be pay for the new display replacement they done.

My verdict is that I have never heard of any issues from iPhone users for the past 5 years like battery issues, display issues, etc.. so I think it might be time for all Samsung users to switch to iPhone or any other good android phone to get the value for their money..

I had been a samsung fan for over 6 years. I don't say everyone to switch, but deep down, all the users know there is this battery and overheating issue on their samsung premium phones.
0 Likes