cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Fold 4 5G overheats and burnt a whole to the LCD screen whilst using on the way to work.

(Topic created on: 04-13-2024 10:33 AM)
Abdul_Latiff_Samat
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I have bought a Samsung Fold 4 5G from Singtel on last May 16, 2023. I have been using it regularly for work and it working fine till yesterday. Whilst travelling to work, in the train, I was sending WA messages and suddenly the centre part of the flip screen got overheated and melted a hole through. I immediately called Singtel who advise me to proceed to Samsung Centre at Causeway point. I took time off from work and proceeded to Samsung Service Centre.
I then took a number and waited. When I was called to the Counter 3 to be served by a Malay girl, she immediately said - "Oh screen cracked, your warranty is void and theres nothing we could do about it"
I said "you have not heard what I wanna say and you judge that it cannot be repaired when its not my fault. Why don you check it first or something that caused this." She said in a cold manner that regardless if its your fault or the internal phone glitch, the warranty is still void because the screen is damaged.
I kept telling her to check internally because its totally not my fault that the screen cracked or the LCD melted when i was just using it. Further, there is no evident damage to the external part of the phone which contributes the screen cracked from a fall or a drop. She just said sorry i cannot help you with that and ignored me. I told her if damage is caused by me - I would agree with the costs of the repair.
I am utterly disappointed with the service she gave which so unprofessional coming from Samsung as I have been a Samsung user for a very many many years.
The after sales service is not satisfactory at all. I have many Samsung products in my house. This worries me.

0 Likes
1 Comment
Darknight10
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Samsung 😵💫. No more Samsung product anymore!
0 Likes