Original topic:

Taking photo issue

(Topic created on: 01-07-2024 09:17 PM)
Accw
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi all,
A Galaxy Note20 Ultra. The phone screen does not blink/flash when taking photo. Any advise or setting to revert back to normal? Thanks
0 Likes
9 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi, this is probably a software issue. Did this happen after a software update or so?
Accw
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi, actually it is. But can't remeb if it is after the screen replacement by service centre or normal firmware update. Thought there is some setting that I can change before going to Samsung.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Oh.. we cannot tweak this setting on our own, as it's a default OS behaviour. I doubt the screen replacement could have caused this issue. How about if u take a screenshot, does the screen blink?
Accw
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi, nope. Screen doesn't blink when screenshot too.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Ah okay.. looks like it's a software issue. May need to wait for the next security patch update to see if this will be resolved. Let's wait to see if other Note 20 Ultra owners are also experiencing the same issue as u. If not, u can try contacting Smart Tutor to see if the technician can resolve the issue. Do note that the technician will remote into ur phone, with ur presence, so u will allow access to the technician to control ur screen.
Accw
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi, thanks for the advise! Had updated to latest patch. Issue remains. I'll find a time for the remote session. Thanks again! 😄
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
No problem 😊 Hope it gets fixed soon. 👍
Accw
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
It's actually no issue that I can live with it. Just that when you ask someone to use your phone and take photo. They just press n press the shuttle expecting the blink that never comes 🤣
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yeah.. but I do prefer that there is an indicator (screen blinks once) for me to know that the screenshot/photo has been taken, so that I don't have to take multiple times if I thought the photo is not taken 😅

Yeah this has been the behaviour for every phone, regardless of brand and model for the screen to blink once after every screenshot or photo is being snapped.