Original topic:

Unable to add app to "Never sleeping apps"

(Topic created on: 07-28-2023 03:26 PM)
Xoyo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Recently, on my Note 20 Ultra Android 13 One UI 5.1, streaming media stops after a short time and start when the display turns on.

I cannot add these apps to the "Never sleeping apps" they don't appear in the list.

I also cannot remove them from "Sleeping apps" or from "Deep sleeping apps" as they don't appear in any of these lists.

0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy Note
Have you tried long pressing the icon of the app > then press the small "i" icon > Battery > then set to Unrestricted
0 Likes
Xoyo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I've tried everything in the standard battery settings. Nothing helps.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Happening for ALL media apps? Or just selected?
0 Likes
Xoyo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
All live radio stations. That's what I stream
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey @Xoyo 

Are you using wired or wireless earphones? 

0 Likes
Xoyo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Wireless. Either Samsung BT ear buds or BT hearing aid. Same problem with both.
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey @Xoyo

Thanks for reaching out. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

3az00z
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hello, not sure if your issue was resolved already or not.

however I've had this problem earlier and it was fixed when I updated google apps, try checking manually if there are any pending updates for google apps on your phone.

Please see below reply from samsung team for the same issue.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for patience for our updates.

According to our engineers, from the log analysis we can find the above error present in com.google.android http://com.google.android/.gms com.google.android http://com.google.android/.gms is a third party app developed by Google. There is no role of Samsung in the development of this app. This issue is inside the source code of Google. Please contact the service provider for further assistance.

We assure you of our continuous efforts to provide you with the best services at all times.

Best regards,
Samsung Gulf Customer Support Team