Original topic:

Why is there a delay in getting the Note 10 series February patch?

(Topic created on: 02-20-2020 10:49 AM)
dejanh
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
As far as I know it's already available in the US. Also, the S10 series update is already out. Why the delay for the Note 10 series then?
10 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Got delayed to next month. As for why, Steve01 said they had other things in the way.
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Sorry, not familiar with Steve01 or that post. Could you direct me to it? Other things in the way sounds to me like they're busy with S20 launch and shafting Note 10 series users in the process.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Other things as in S20. Yep sounds about right
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi dejanh,

Yes, whenever you insert the SIM card the device gets locked to the carrier and the security updates for the devices are rolled by the carrier. Please check with your respective carrier once to know when the update would be available for the device.

Cheers,

Jeremie

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Locked? All phones are unlocked in Canada. It's the law!
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
What he means is the device locks in the CSC to that carrier. Until you manually change your CSC. Yes all devices are unlocked now in Canada. He wasn't talking about network lock, just CSC lock.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I don't remember Steve01's specific job title but here's the post in question:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/U-I-2-0-update-for-S9/td-p/3818825
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I see it now. Thanks. Back on the delay train again. This is how it starts. Feb in March, then it will be March in April, then April in late May, then May in in late June, then June in early August, and so on until they start coming 2-3 months late regularly. This is why I will never fully adopt Galaxy anything.
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
loooll yeah. In hopes for you to jump to the S20 😄
0 Likes