Did you mean: 

Original topic:

9 March 2022 Samsung Software Update and Vertical Green lines appeared on S20+

(Topic created on: 03-20-2022 03:51 AM)
DouglasTTW
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Now the 2nd green line appeared and the service centre were just quote us for the screen repair price (which the problem was not even cause by user).

Hope Samsung can really assist this big issues where im sure not only me who get this problem.

Very disappointed as this is also the 1st time encountered this issues (since the 1st Galaxy phone i used).

2nd Green lines appeared.

25 Comments
Galaxy S
Happen to my zflip . I read somewhere might be due to water damage. Maybe I should try to flash to an older firmware and see if it will fix
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello DouglasTTW. I am Faiz, from Samsung.

We're sorry to learn of your experience with your Galaxy S20+. May we invite you to book an appointment at our service centre - https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/where-to-find-samsung-service-centre-in-singapore/ where our service engineer will assess your device and advise you accordingly?

Thank you.

DouglasTTW
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks Faiz for your reply. I have visited the service centre. The service engineer quoted me the amount for screen repair. I do not agreed with the repair as once again i mentioned the screen problems caused are not by a user (which is me). I encountered the problem after i updated the phone on 9 March 2022. Overall your service staff and customer service staff positively mentioned that the updates will not caused any issues to the phone. As for now i will just registered in all your words that the phone problem i face now are caused by me (which there nothing that everyone can do).
donutsX
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh i remember a similar update incident happened on my Note 9 .. greenish display after an update and the only advise was to have thr display changed.
JKCL
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I just had a green line on my S20+ :( 

Anybody manage to fix this issue? 

Have been loyal and using Samsung handphones since they started and never have I experienced such issue before. I just did an update not long. 

DouglasTTW
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I currently own a Samsung Tab S7, Note 9, S20+, Samsung TV which also a loyal consumer since 1st galaxy phone launched. But there nothing they can do to the green line issued. Overall is screen repair.
0 Likes
DouglasTTW
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Another day of green lines addition to my S20+ very disappointed by the latest phone updates.😢20220329_181113_199692_1648548673.jpg
0 Likes
EdinTN
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

An investigation should be launched on this, seems a perfect cycle for vendor......put out a update that causes problems and damages, then sell products and services...how clever huh?

DouglasTTW
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
There comes the 4th green lines addition to my S20+😞20220331_033136_199821_1648668696.jpg
0 Likes