Original topic:

Adaptive Refresh Rate Issue with S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-08-2024 12:03 AM)
arvindb452
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

My S21 Ultra has this problem when I switch to adaptive refresh rate. The screen feels laggy and also has horrible touch delay. Even though it shows that the refresh rate is at 120hz it still feels like 60hz. I would be grateful to anyone who can help me fix this issue.

0 Likes
2 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi arvindb452, that's sad to hear that your'e facing this issue.

Is this issue started after the recent software update? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps like Wipe cache partition or rebooting the device?

Here are the steps to perform Wipe cache partition. If you wipe your cache partition, it removes any temporary files that may be causing some issues with your device, all of your personal files and/or settings will not be affected when you wipe cache partition.

1.Turn off the unit.
2.Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button. When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).
3.Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition".
4.Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted.
5.Press the Power button to reboot the unit.

If nothing works, then please perform back up and factory data reset on your device and check if it fixes the issue.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/perform-a-factory-data-reset-on-your-galaxy-phone/

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-back-up-and-restore-data/

Thank you.

0 Likes
slinkyaroo
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm not going into an explanation on developer mode because there's plenty of google info on how to get there. So ...
Go to developer mode and scroll down to "show refresh rate" and toggle it on. Upper left hand corner will show you your refresh rate. This will show 60 or 120 hz.
If you want a snappier reaction you can adjust your animations in developer mode which will make things refresh faster as animation time is reduced. Again google how to.
You should reboot after any system adjustment although not really necessary with animation tweaking.
0 Likes