Original topic:

Any updates for the March security Update

(Topic created on: 03-24-2023 12:55 AM)
JashanSarpanch
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Any idea when March update will be available to S23 series in Canada. I already saw so many posts on twitter it's already available all across weeks ago. Why samsung is always so slow for the updates for Canadian versions.
22 Comments
qwer123
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'm surprised to my s21 ultra got the February update in Canada in mid February considering that is a 2 year old smartphone and here we are finishing up March and still no update, hopefully they don't give us the March update and instead jump straight to April security patch, their has been time were for me atleast a month of security patch as been skipped do I usually prefer to not get updates in the end of the month in that case I'd rather wait another week and get the April update but it's not always guaranteed and there has been time people get updates 2-3 days earlier that would be nice if I can receive April 1 security patch level during the 27ᵗʰ or 28ᵗʰ. They have been very slow with the s23 series because the s21 series and s22 series where consistent for the most parts with updates even in Canada and considering the s21 series is 2-3 years old it was impressive in a region like Canada how consistent the worst company when it comes to be consistent with updates across the region was actually the best for a 2-3 year old smartphone that was shocking and belive it or not I in Canada received one ui 5.1 right on the day when I started see ing videos of tab s8 ultra getting it for being 3 years old in canada and still keeping up usually tabelts are more consistent and last year they were receiving updates montly and certain times twice a month which was the first time in many years on a tablet because usually tablets get quartely updates but since ladt year april i have been getting montly updates cause i remeber recieving one ui 4.1 on april 7 past year and recieved one ui 5.1 2 weeks ago which was surprising. Either ways hopefully they can catch up with the s23 series once again because if these phones are set to get 4 years of android update they gotta be more consistent and I wish flagship devices can get the policy of max 10-15 days delay unless the update is buggy in that case roll out another April security patch to device in the next 2-3 days. Cause next thing you know the s21 series getting Android 15 in summer of 2025 when Android 16 is in its early stage of beta unacceptable 2-3 months should be the cutting point for example if the final version of android 14 launches in mid way November all Samsung devices eligible for Android 14 should be updated to Android 14 no later than January 2024 because their still are devices that haven't received android 13 yet when one ui 5.1 has been out for awhile.
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
March update for S21 coming next week
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

My S20 Ultra received the March Security Patch earlier this week.

Samsung Canada isn't always "so slow" to release updates.

On Twitter, you may not know if they are talking about the Exynos variant, (International), or the North American Snapdragon variant. 

It's true that some other regions, like Europe & India often seem to get their updates earlier, but they have the Exynos variant. 

Galaxy S
But s23 only comes with snapdragon 8gen 2 all across so that's not the issue right now.
qwer123
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It's not just the processor it's also region and Canada always came with snapdragon except or s6 were exynos was global
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
S7 was Exynos too
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah in Canada, but I THINK that the US S7 was Snapdragon & it couldn't be Rooted. 

qwer123
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Canada was also snapdragon during s7 but during s7 days snapdragon was much worse than exynos
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Nah s7 was Exynos in Canada I'm pretty sure