Original topic:

Facebook and S22ultra

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 11:47 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
OK I am hoping someone can replicate or maybe has seen this. My iPhone doesn't do this. But on my S22 if I log out and then log back into Facebook, it opens up all weird with half the tabs missing and tells me that my internet connection is off. I kill the app and then it's fine. I am now sure what the deal is. I don't have it in sleeping apps so why does it act half asleep?trying to optimize my phone.  Thank you
0 Likes
21 Comments
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi iFlYSoLo, just to confirm, is this happening only with Facebook or any other app.
If it is only the facebook application, the application could be outdated, So we recommend you to update or uninstall and reinstall the app.
If this is happening with all the apps, check the battery optimization settings on the phone.
In the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Optimize now.
The Quick Optimize feature improves device performance through the following actions.
• Closing applications running in the background.
• Management of abnormal battery usage.
• Scan for crashed apps and malware.
Using the automatic optimization function.

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I have done all the above suggested. Where do I find the background refresh setting..not sure if I did something accidentally
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you go to Settings > Apps > Facebook > Scroll down to "battery" & Click on it and you'll see the options as in the screen shot for Accuweather (I don't use FB).

Click on Unrestricted (if you are over 🔞) & want FB to have free reign to do whatever it wants (as far as battery usage is concerned). Chasing tails is another matter all together 😉

If FB is appearing incorrectly on your device, AND if it's because of Battery Optimization, this *SHOULD* fix the issue 🤞

This reply brought to you by Juan Valdez's premium Colombian 😊🤪

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Plz extend my humble thanks to Juan Valdez and convey that the next coffee for RDR is on me.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Wait..why don't you use fb? It's the best app ever..😁
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Although some of privacy issues have changed, FB at one time could claim some ownership to your own photos, I think that's when FB was in it's early stages.

That's when I dit*ched FB, but there's still some loopholes 

Screenshot_20220801_182837.jpg

Is FB / META (a rose by any other name, right).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateoflahertyuk/2022/05/27/facebooks-new-privacy-policy-what-you-need-t...

Screenshot_20220801_183338.jpg

😊

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh...well I will hunt them down and then it won't be a pretty encounter..🤣
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
So I tried everything and same issue. Log out and log back in, and it doesn't load half the data and tells me no internet connection. As I mentioned, doesn't happen on fb on iPhone. What gives?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Are you using any Ad-Blockers?

I know for example, if I try to open Mobilesyrup's site from an email, I get "This site can't be reached", that's because of the Ad-Blockers I am using & the site wants to use analytics to collect information about people who are using Mobilesyrup.

If you are using Ad-Blockers, try turning them off & see if FB behaves the same way. I suspect that it may not.

To answer the question, "what gives"... Frying pans give hours of entertainment to cats.

0 Likes