Original topic:

Galaxy S- design flaw

(Topic created on: 05-07-2023 02:09 PM)
Members_dzcoE6C
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Please do not buy any Samsung products specially in Canada.. I have a sound/speakers issue with my S22 plus which is well known to most of the S22 + owners to happen when exposure to cold weather and after flights landing. This issue appeared to be prevalent and common with S22 series but Samsung does not acknowledge that.

Bad customer service. Even if they are going to repair the device, it will be defective and not reliable and they know that.  It is a hardware issue otherwise they could fix it with software update.

0 Likes
14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
  • a) Not entirely accurate. 
  • b) Requires certain conditions to occur. ie: Pressure changes & temperature changes. 
  • c) Easy to fix. 
  • d) Does NOT affect all Samsung Mobile phones. ONLY reported on the S22 series. 

Yeah it's too bad for you, but making a blanket statement as you did, will never "fly", (incidentally, one of the conditions that may affect S22 devices).

Just open the SIM card tray. 

https://www.nextpit.com/samsung-galaxy-s22-series-speaker-bug

Members_dzcoE6C
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I know it needs certain conditions, I am working in north of Canada, daily exposure to cold weather, plus at least 1 flight every 2 months  to may home... I am not waiting for any compensation, I am just advising customers not to buy Samsung at least in Canada because they  will not be happy.

By the way it is not easy to fix without opening the phone and no body knows what happens after few weeks..  

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Open the SIM card tray & Done. 

Suggesting, that no one buy any Samsung device in Canada is ludicrous.

Sure it's a pain for you, I get that, but your post is the equivalent of "throwing the baby out with the bathwater". 

Members_dzcoE6C
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Do you think i it easy to tell some one on the phone please wait until I will fix the sound problem and call you back again?

Do you think is it easy to have this problem every time you get outside from where you work to get in your car and all of sudden the sound is not heard?

Should I open the sim card tray every time this happens? in the car or in the mall or in the street?

My job is an emergency service I have to answer my calls immediately in certain circumstances, what should I do?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Contact Samsung's Warranty Department. 

Sell it. 

Visit a Samsung Service Centre to get it checked out by a tech. 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

I'm sorry that you have issues with your device, but as I said, suggesting that no one buy any Samsung device in Canada, is just ridiculous. 

electromanjim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
RedDogRabbit is right my friend that's a bold statement. I know people complaining about here phones and others love it. I tend to back up people that have warranty and can't het help from samsung. But in your case ofmyour really not that happy with thr device as stated you might one to sell and and buy another phone not to say you might not have the same issue with the other phone from where you work.

Good luck to you.
Members_dzcoE6C
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It is not a bold statement, I dealt with Samsung customer service to fix this problem and it was not good. I called them first, they told me to go to any customer service desk in any mall, I did and they told me we can not take the phone and send it for check or maintenance as they do not do this service. I called again the customer service and they sent me to a reliable store or dealer to check it under the warranty, then I went. Once I started   to tell them about the problem they told me this problem is prevalent in this model and they could not be fixed, and they advised me to call again and send the device for check if anything could fix this problem. My vacation was done so I returned to work and during the next vacation I called them for the time 5 or 6, they asked me to send the device and they will fix it...  I sent the device to them through door to door service because Samsung does not have enough service centers to receive or collect devices. The process took about 7 days. I had to reset my device as I have critical information related to my work and bought another device and sent the defective one just for my curiosity. I wanted to know how they will fix it and why they did not replace it???? I called the customer service and they told me that there was a hardware part that was the cause and it was changed. So I have to accept that and use the device again after it was opened and try it again.. I have no time to transfer all the information for the third time and try a device that was opened in less than a year from the purchase..

I am talking about customer service in Toronto in my home... Can you imagine how  it will be in other remote areas.. 

I think there is no justification to what happened...

0 Likes
electromanjim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I hear what your saying and I hear others complaining about customer service. I'm going to presume you went to Yorkdale mall first. I hear nothing but bad service there and staff that just don't care. I have heard from a few members here mention a few good things about service at the Eaton center and there are 2 staff members there that will try there best to help. I'm sorry to hear the issues that your having and if it is a known issue as you stated then I can appreciate why you your statement is don't buy samsung. If samsung is aware of this issue. Maybe one of the moderators here can help you escalate your issue to higher powers and help you either get it fixed or replaced if.your still under warranty.

Hope you get your problem solved.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

"Maybe one of the moderators here can help you escalate your issue to higher powers and help you either get it fixed or replaced if."?

Samsung's Moderators have all but evaporated from Samsung Members Canada.. Not even a [Hot Topic] post from the "jet-lagged" Jin..