Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra: Mobile Data button missing from available quick settings buttons

(Topic created on: 07-24-2022 12:57 PM)
NewSlang22
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

Hello! So I removed the Mobile Data quick settings button temporarily from my quick settings in order to prevent myself from accidently selecting it for a time. Now when I click the 3 dots from the quick menu and click "Edit Buttons" to attempt to add the Mobile Data button back, the button is no longer listed under "Available buttons". Is there anyway to get this button back? My android version is 12 One UI ver 4.1

0 Likes
8 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

There's two ways to get the Mobile Data Toggle back.. One you won't really like, because it will take a bit of time. 

The second one doesn't take much time, but it involves using adb commands. 

First method is to Factory Reset. It will restore the Mobile Data Toggle. 

Second method needs you to Download Samsung's USB Drivers & Platform-Tools to your computer & then run the adb command from Power Shell on your computer.. It only takes about 10 seconds to type the adb command & it will restore the Mobile Data Toggle to your QS Tiles.

Let me know if you would like the links to Samsung's USB Drivers & Platform-Tools, as well as the instructions on how to run the adb command.

NewSlang22
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Thank you for the reply! Yes if you could link the download page for the tool needed as well as the instructions I would very much appreciate it!

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You need to Download & Install Platform-Tools & Samsung USB Drivers to your computer - You need to Enable Developer Options on your phone & Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings - About Phone - Software Information - Click on the Build Number 7 times to Enable Developer Options) 

You need to Open Windows Power Shell on your computer & Allow the connection between your computer & phone (if it's your computer - Click on "Always". 

In Windows Power Shell - Type: 

\adb shell 

[enter] 

Then type: 

settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles), MobileData,HotSpot" 

[enter] 

and done - Edit the Button Layout & You can Drag the Mobile Data Toggle & HotSpot Toggles to the first Screen of the QS Tiles 

Link to Platform-Tools:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BSyftTZ1HMQYqVxDDy_I1ETqI_Il6SkX/view?usp=drivesdk

Link to Samsung's USB Drivers:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1haNjE8akF-o62xuJURlY99__VsU0K5uX/view?usp=drivesdk

With the Platform-Tools zip, you'll need to extract it to the hard drive of your computer & install it to the computer. 

When you run Platform-Tools, run it as Administrator. 

If you have any issues let me know, but it's fairly straightforward. 

Just make sure you type the adb commands exactly as posted here. 

Don't worry if you make a mistake typing them, if you do, then the adb command will just fail, it will NOT break anything on your phone, or computer. 

Just pay attention to the spaces, and "comas". 

Here's a screen shot of the commands. 

You don't need to include the "HotSpot" in the command if you already have it, but if you do, it won't break anything either, and if you don't, it'll be added. 🙂

Screenshot_20220724_170151.jpg

NewSlang22
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

So I found additional instructions here:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a/is-it-possible-to-add-a-mobile-data-toggle-in-the-quick...

I downloaded the USB driver for Samsung as well as the Platform-Tools folder. So instead of running the command through Power-Shell, I was looking through the Platform-Tools folder to figure out how to "install" it. I clicked on the add_toggles.bat file within the folder and went through the guided instructions through that file and I believe it automatically "re-added" the Mobile Data toggle switch back to my Quick Settings drop down menu! Thank you for the help!

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah, Shaggyskunk knows what he's talking about! 👍

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You obviously did NOT read what was posted by @NewSlang22!

You are SUPPOSED to know what you are replying to, right.. Unlike us members, you are presumably PAID by Samsung, and should at least read & understand the question.

"Now when I click the 3 dots from the quick menu and click "Edit Buttons" to attempt to add the Mobile Data button back, the button is no longer listed under "Available buttons". Is there anyway to get this button back? My android version is 12 One UI ver 4.1"

Apologies if you find my post harsh. 

But in the last few days, there's been several posts from Samsung's Moderators that are either incorrect, or demonstrating a lack of understanding the question. 

When a member provides an answer that is incorrect, there is no expectation that we are always right...Our answers are free.. Not so with Samsung's Moderators. 

24 July 2022 153544 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Gee, looks like the Moderator's post that I was replying to, experienced one of those pesky "technical issues" & was inadvertently deleted.. 

No worries, I do have a screen shot of it if needed.. 🙄 

Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I'm glad to hear that your issue is resolved.
Please get back to us if you require any further assistance.

0 Likes