Original topic:

Google pop up won't go away

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 01:16 PM)
pleasehelp
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

This popped up without any warning and without me trying to use another app or anything like this it was completely random out of nowhere while I was using Reddit. I went ahead and "Disabled the "Messages" app it looks as if that would be only thing that has anything to do with Google and messaging at the same time on my phone. The icon looks almost EXACTLY as my regular text application. I also went into settings and clicked "Forced stop" and nothing changed it still Poping up every 10min 

I do not know what this message is for where It come from but it simply won't go away. And i sure as hell am not going to agree to some random Google terms of services please help it stop. Even 10min it comes back it's infuriating f*** you Google.
21 Comments
pleasehelp
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Turns out the pop up comes from the messages application the regular one that comes with the phoneScreenshot_20210902-165721_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

That's Samsung Messages & several other people had the same pop-up, but from Google Messages. Weird I was thinking that it was only a Google Messages issue, & people just started posting about this in the last few days. 

Did you / Were you able to click on "agree"? 

0 Likes
pleasehelp
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I refuse to agree to something so random. I already don't trust Google with my data. So I will not click agree.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you read my post, the pop-up you are getting is NOT from Google, it's from Samsung's Messaging app, which is why I said it was weird. All the other posts complaining about the pop-up were from Google Messages.

I know that the ToS are saying Google, but that messages icon is Samsung's? So even more weird.

You can try to Uninstall the updates to it, turn OFF auto updates on the Play Store & Galaxy Store. You might put an end to the pop-ups?

You're only other choices are to use adb or an app freezer to disable it.

Because it's a system app, you can't uninstall it yourself without Root, which is a whole other discussion.

Google / Samsung etc probably already have your data anyway.. 

pleasehelp
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I ended up rooting the phone and just deleted both Google messages and Samsung messages and I just switched completely to signal.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Depending on the device, Root isn't necessarily easy or in some cases even possible. Seems to me that it would have been faster just to use adb to disable the system app. 

pleasehelp
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
https://youtu.be/fOhti_og8ug

Took me 6minuits anyone who is tired of this can do the same and even delete other useless bloatware
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Thought you said that you Rooted your phone, & I already suggested you could use adb or an app freezer/ app disabler, both of which would have taken just a few minutes.

But whatever. 

pleasehelp
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Ya I did it without having to use a computer straight from the phone. Same thing same results. And how are you getting a heart on every comment you reply **bleep** lol
0 Likes