Original topic:

Intense battery drain on S10e after brand new replacement + partition wipe + repaired apps

(Topic created on: 02-04-2024 07:14 AM)
christucker
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hey there,

My apology if the way I describe the problem I'm facing won't be perfect as I'm not a native english speaker.

So to start off, I've got my S10e's battery replaced like a week ago within a warranty. In fact, it got replaced twice because ~3 weeks ago I thought the one they put in was manufactured back in 2019 and thus it "worn down" over the years that's why I get such intense drainage. So went back to them, I and the guy checked that the manufacture date was in 2023.10, brand new original Samsung battery.

Got replaced, waited an hour for the glue on the back panel, came home. No change was noticable, charged to 100%, restarted, same issue.

Googled this problem, got here because I discovered others also have similar stuff going on with their S10e.

Did all suggestions, including resetting all apps' permissions. To list them:

- connected to PC, held Volume Up + Bixby + Power btn > jumped into Recovery > Wipe Cache Partition (it finished in seconds)

Not so much change, if any.

Continued reading, saw a member recommends repairing the apps after cache wiping.

- connected to PC, same thing, recovery > Wipe it again (after all apps have been updated) > Repair apps

Phone restarted, android buddy came alive with the wrench icon in his belly, apps have been repaired

No change at all.

Further went into the topics, read that apps might use much battery that I should stop caching them in the background (it is bs. in my opinion but ok, I now clear the list in the Recent Apps window..)

Went to settings > apps > permission manager > set to default for all apps. Now Chrome asks if a page can send me notifs, also Vinted for Camera when I want to list something so all good, everything has been set to default like on a brand new phone. I do not play games, only Chrome (live betting), Soccer Score app, Vinted, TikTok, general stuff really. No games, no apps from unknown sources.

The phone is not rooted afaik.

So after all these things I did, what the hell can drain my battery in such a way?

I literally charged it to 100%, restart or whatever I do, within 4-5 minutes it drops 2% like immediately just by idling with screen off and only 2 or no apps in the BG at all!

Also whatever I do in an hour 5% is for sure gone while it's only in my pocket with mobile data on but no extense permission to apps are given so what the ***? An Honor phone with bigger screen idling in my friend's pocket he said it drops like 1% in 2 hours ...

What else should I try or what a representative at Samsung recommends?

It's a joke that the original battery after like 4 years was better than now this brand new .. and shame that the guys replaced it got worse despite I invested like 50-60 EUR not to charge my phone every 5 hours.

I get the point that apps might have high battery usage but how come same version on 2 different Android phones and even the other has bigger screen size (S10, or Honor idk 80?!) and yet my phone's battery disappears like within 3-5 hours of screen on + browsing or watching videos (***?)

Screen time: 2 h 30 m / Idling (screen off): 5 h / Total: 7 h 30m > Battery 100% to 50%

Screen time: 2 h 5 m / Idling (screen off): 4 h 20m / Total: 6 h 25m > Battery 100% to 50%

Sometimes it even worse with 1 h active screen time, 2 idling and it's around 60-70%

Just to compare to my old Galaxy A40 with ~4000 mah or somewhat, it's good for 1 day 12 h, mine is like within 12 h with 4 h usage and 8 idling - or less -, it's dead.

Any suggestions are appreciated, have a nice weekend!

Screenshot_20240131_013002_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20240131_013119_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20240131_204716_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20240131_204748_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
4 Comments
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Can't read the info as it's not in English or French so it's hard to make it is the data you provided had any information that can be of use.

One suggestion. I like to put my display brightness on manual turn it away down - almost all the way to the left. That helps improve battery life quite a bit.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we request you to please follow the steps in the given link and check again the performance of your Battery.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-the-battery-of-my-new-phone-seems-to...

0 Likes
landslide
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
We both had the same phone as you did.
The worst phone ever made, same problem that you have incontired.
We actually purchased 4 extra batteries just to make sure none of my husband work was lost or the phone cuts out, which happened often.
Your ears would be on fire.
My brother had the same phone
Let me add these phones where very expensive also, the only good thing was the camera.
Do yourself a favor exchange your phone for anything else. My husband and I have Samsung S23 and he carries the S23 ultra .
We love them.
My brother also exchanged his phone he had enough.
ALSO TO EVERYONE OUT THERE THAT NOT AWARE PURCHASE YOUR PHONE AT A COSTCO. THEY HAVE GREAT PLAN ,AND YOU RECEIVE IT IMMEDIATELY.
YOU HAVE 15 DAYS TO TRY IT SHOULD YOU INCOUNTER ANY ISSUE'S YOU SIMPLY RETIRN IT AND THEY WILL AUTOMATICLY CHANGE YOUR PHONE AND REPLACE WITH A NEW ONE OR A TOTALLY DIFFERENT ONE.( YOU MAY PAY MORE OR LESS DEPENDING ON THE PHONE YOU CHOOSE)

THE REASON WHY. THIS IS TO IMPORTANT IS BECAUSE I PURCHASED MY PHONE FROM BELL CANADA AND THEY TOLD ME TO RETURN IT WITH A SPECIAL CODE. They also have the 15 day policy most companies do

3 MONTHS LATER I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO PURCHASE A NEW PHONE. IN THOSE 3 MONTHS I WAS WITHOUT A PHONE ,NOT ALLOWED TO PURCHASE A NEW PHONE ANYWHERE BECAUSE THEY PROVENT ANY COMPANY SELLING PHONES TO DENY ME. BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO REVIEW THEPHONE ONCE IT ARRIVES AT THERE WHAREHOUSE.
I WILL GIVE YOU AN IDEAL BECAUSE I DONT REMEMBER THE ACTUAL DATE, BUT JUST THE SAME I RECEIVED THE CODE APPLIED IT TO THE PHONE MAILED IT AND IT WAS RECEIVED AT THERE WAREHOUSE THE VERY NEXT DAY.
IT TOKE THEM OVER 3 MONTHS TO APPERENTLY REVIEW AND EXAMINE A PHONE THAT I HAD FOR LESS THEN 5 DAYS.
THEY HAD NO PROBLEMS BILLING US FOR THE 3 MONTHS THAT I WAS WITHOUT A PHONE.
ALSO MUST OF YOU KNOW THAT CANADA IS THE NO 1 IF NOT ONE OF THE HIGHEST PRICED PROVIDER FOR CELL PHONES COMPARED TO OTHER COUNTRIES.
WHEN I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO PURCHASED A NEW PHONE, I RETURNED THE GOOGLE PHONE AND RECEIVED 250 DOLLARS FOR IT.

NOW IF YOU ARE NOT TECH SAVVY,ITS BEST TO KEEP ALL OF YOUR OLD PHONES.( their is actual gold and other precious metals or chips that companies can retrieve from the device.
MORE IMPORTANTLY,
JUST BECAUSE YOU DELETED YOUR PHONE AND DID A FACTORY RESET. A SMART TECHNICIAN CAN RETRIEVE MOST OF YOUR DATA.
0 Likes
regvick
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Does anyone know the cost to replace a battery in S10e ?
0 Likes