Original topic:

Message Center missing from settins on Galaxy S9

(Topic created on: 04-09-2024 08:34 AM)
Purpleivan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I'm wanting to confirm and if necessary change the number on my phone for the Message Center, as I'm unable to send SMS internationally and my carrier's website suggests checking that this number is correct for their network.

Unfortuantely if I go to the  Settings > More Settings > Text Messages in the three dot menu for the Messages app settings, the only setting I see is "View messages on SIM card", whereas numerous guides only show this page having the Message Center on there as well.

Does anyone know how I might be able to access the Message Center number setting?

As some extra info, this phone has never been locked to a network and I've used it with 2 different ones, so that shouldn't be an issue.

0 Likes
6 Comments
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
For Samsung Messages app:

I go to settings > app info > messages > messages setting > more settings. Topmost option is text messages. Select that and the bottommost option is message center; this option has a phone number which can be changed.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Purpleivan, as you can't find the message center option can you see the option"SMS center."?

Your message center number should be displayed there. If not, we recommend reaching out to your mobile network provider for specific instructions.

0 Likes
Purpleivan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Unless "SMS Center" is located somewhere other than Settings > More Settings > Text Messages in the three dot menu for the Messages app settings, then I don't have access to that.

You suggested contacting my network provider for specific instructions. Does that mean that the contents of the Messages app's settings is network provider dependent. Not just the values of the settings, but whether or not those settings being exposed to the user?

Thanks for providing info on this.

0 Likes
tomokungbe
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

both options cannot be found ( "message center option" and "SMS center"

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I answered the question but you deleted my post. Cut it out.
0 Likes
tomokungbe
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have this same problem with my s9.
Any solution?

0 Likes