Original topic:

New Update removed Gallery Edit Option?

(Topic created on: 01-07-2024 09:44 AM)
puppetmagic
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I noticed with the new samsung update that i can no longer edit a face in a video from my gallery. Used to be able to edit jawline, smooth skin, make eyes bigger. Specifically videos, it seems faces in photos can still be edited. 

Anyone else experiencing this? And is there a way i can get the option back or uninstall this samsung update (i really need to be able to edit face in videos).

17 Comments
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Seems like you're already IN the EDIT mode according to that icons in the picture attached shows
0 Likes
puppetmagic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hello, yes i can enter the edit mode for videos but the face edit options are gone. The section to smooth skin, edit eye size, jawline, ect. is gone. Thats what im inquiring about.

The face edit options are showing only when i go to edit a picture...not for a video.
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hmm I don't recall a specific face option in videos. I really don't know if it existed or not as subjects in my videos are not people.

Curious is the source of said video from YOUR phone or elsewhere?
0 Likes
puppetmagic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes so whenever id go into my gallery and edit a video i made or one i download, as long as the face is in it i was given the option to edit the face. It was an amazing feature that up until 2 weeks ago was very accessible to everyone i believe. I sent in a message to samsung support and the software department to get some clarification because since i downloaded the new samsung update, the face video edit options have been removed.
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
The Face Effects feature will show up or disappear depending on people faces are close look or far look in pictures. Indeed, the feature is supported when editing videos, but I'm not sure it works the same way with editing pictures.
puppetmagic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Do you currently see the option to edit face in videos after the recent Samsung update on your phone?
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@puppettmagic, I am not able to update the gallery yet onto my s23 ultra, although I looked at Galaxy Store. I certainly will look at the feature with video editing once I updated it.
puppetmagic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Question, i cant seem to find the gallery in the galaxy store. Is it under a certain name?

Also, do you currently see the video face editing option in your current version of gallery you are using
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@pupetmagic, I can't find the Gallery app in the galaxy store neither, therefore I am not able to update it.
0 Likes