"CLOSE ALL" BUTTON!!!!

(Topic created on: 11-10-2021 10:08 AM)
garageninja
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
(DeEAR SAMSUNG and Community Members,)

HELLO GOOD AFTERNOON!
WHY IS IT THAT THE "CLOSE ALL" BUTTON ON THE MULTI TASK SCREEN IS SO PROMINENT AND IN THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN??

This is a MAJOR design flaw as a person could EASILY accidentally press it by even the palm of their hands. The same provisions taken to prevent accidentally answering or rejecting a phone call MUST be taken to prevent accidentally pressing the "Close All" button! I've written several times regarding this and the first time I got a generic irrelevant answer. PLEASE someone read this and do what is necessary to address this issue.
What do people mainly do on phones?
They "use apps". So how could their be a button that could potentially accidentally cross ALL apps! 

I'm by no means an expert at designing phone interfaces, but here are my suggestions:

Option i.
Add a thing that the user has to slide just as when answering a phone call.

Option ii.
Make the button less prominent or centrally located

Option iii.
HIDE THE BUTTON WITHIN A NESTED MENU even in Settings --> Apps --> Close All Open Apps
and remove it from the multitasking screen entirely.

You have done EXCELLENT work on every other aspect of the phone and I know that little things like this can be easily overlooked on such big project. This is why I'm actually taking time out of my busy day to bring this to your attention.

PS:
and consider the following scenario: a person has 20 IMPORTANT windows open, most having entered data. Then they are holding there phone so that the left thumb is at the bottom left of the screen, as the right thumb is tapping on the content of the screen the left thumb accidentally slides to press the 3 bars opening the multitasking screen, then the right thumb which was in the act of pressing presses instead the "Close All" button and closes everything, INCLUDING the app you were currently working on. This ACTUALLY HAPPENED. 

This is a major design flaw!
31 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I've never found the "close all" to be inconvenient, or poorly placed. 

Maybe post a screen shot, so we can have a better idea of what you mean? 

Screenshot_20211110-135621_One UI Home.jpg

Galaxy S
Yeah, a screenshot may help. Never have trouble with close all button.
garageninja
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This. That Close All button SHOULD be in that menu! It could even be the first option in there. The way it is now is like having a button that would eject you from your car with a rocket seat if you pressed the brakes too hard while turning right.Screenshot_20211113-051328_One UI Home_3741.jpgScreenshot_20211113-051548_One UI Home_3743.jpg
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi garageninja, we will take this as feedback.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Valeriya, 

I reported the post in the screen shot early this morning & replied to one of @Georgine's posts. 

Again seems like the Report function is broken & replies to Samsung's Moderators don't seem to work either? 

Or is it now acceptable to call someone a "douche"? 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note/chrome/td-p/13337247

Screenshot_20211110_164355.jpg

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi RedDogRabbit, this comment was reported and action was taken.

garageninja
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This. That Close All button SHOULD be in that menu! It could even be the first option in there. The way it is now is like having a button that would eject you from your car with a rocket seat if you pressed the brakes too hard while turning right.Screenshot_20211113-051548_One UI Home_3743.jpgScreenshot_20211113-051328_One UI Home_3741.jpg
atulsharma
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

@RedDogRabbit

btw which theme you had while taking screen shot ?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'm using HEX Installer Themes on my device. 

0 Likes