Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S21: Sudden green line on screen

(Topic created on: 03-07-2024 05:41 AM)
SuperHotnessJom
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Has anyone experienced that out of nowhere, a green vertical line shows up on your screen? No physical damage, phone wasn't dropped, no external pressure.
12 Comments
HimynameisTin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same here..green line appeared on the screen after updating the software of my S22+phone.🙁 Saaad.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
That is amoled burn which needs screen replacement. No definite reason yet why this amoled burn is happening, even manufacturer cant say the reason or maybe they are just holding privately. Sorry but that is costly.
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Hey Bong_J_San_Pedro,

Just to be clear, the green line issue is not considered as "AMOLED burn" - that's a completely different issue. 

Please take care when labeling issues so as to not spread misinformation. Thank you :) 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
So what is that green line? Please explain so we would know.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Please refer to my comment above.

0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Hey SuperHotnessJom,

Sorry to hear about that - a fair amount of people have complained about getting green lines on their screen. The cause isn't exactly clear, but experts point towards hardware failure - either a damaged display connector, a cracked screen, or damage with the AMOLED display panel.

It's important to note that this device is prevalent in a lot of devices that use an OLED / AMOLED screen (on my personal investigations on the issue, LCD screens don't seem to get this?) The problem is also not isolated with Samsung Galaxy smartphones as users across Android and even iOS have reported the same green line issue.

The usual fix for this is a screen replacement that, while costly, is the only reliable way to fix this issue. There are no software fixes for the green line issue as it is inherently a problem with the hardware. 

Needless to say, our techs will be more than willing to get your device repaired if you choose to do so. You can book an appointment with a Samsung Service Center through your Samsung Members app or by reaching out to us through our hotlines. Find a Samsung Support Center | Samsung Philippines

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
SuperHotnessJom
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
How much is the maximum cost for a screen replacement? And is it even worth it at this year?
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Hey SuperHotnessJom,

Here's a quick reference for repair prices: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-screen-replacement-pricing/ 

Please keep in mind that the prices you see are recommended retail prices, and actual prices may very depending on what needs to be repaired. You'll have to check with the service center  for the final cost. 

0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

As to your question of if it's worth it...

I think that's a decision you can only determine for yourself? If the S21 you're using is still in good working condition (save for the green line), then it's always much cheaper to just get it repaired rather than purchasing a new phone.

Another avenue you can go through is an upgrade, through the trade-in program. You'll get a slightly lower trade-in value owing to the screen, but you should still get a pretty fair discount if you choose to upgrade. 

I understand that this is potentially frustrating for you as the issue has happened suddenly, and I apologize for that. We have to remember however that smartphones are still pretty fragile devices, no matter how tough we build them. Things like this unfortunately do happen :( 

I'd like to thank you for being patient about this, Jom. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. 

0 Likes