Original topic:

S22 Ultra No Security Updates for 2 months

(Topic created on: 05-07-2024 05:47 AM)
DeliveryJay
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hey Samsung what gives, no security updates since Feb for S22 ultra in Canada.... good way to get people to switch to Apple.
17 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You didn't get it May 3rd? 

DeliveryJay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Not in canada
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

According to Rogers it was supposed to be. 

OS update may 3 EN-2.PNG

DeliveryJay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I saw it too but they never rolled it out, so annoying. 1715088944175.jpg
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

They apparently pulled the update because alot of people couldn't get into their device after updating.

You think this is what you want??😂 

DeliveryJay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I want my phone secure with security updates they are supposed to give us, apparently samsung hires garbage coders.
0 Likes
RandyCA
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Samsung postpone release 2nd time on 3th may. One ui 6.1 release in Korea first and then they found bugs in lock screen and more. Maybe later on this month update push again. But atleas Samsung needs to roll monthly security patch.
h0h0h0
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Post's like this are why I buy a midrange device and sit patiently waiting for the bugs to get worked out
inmk11
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same issue with Fold 4 and Flip 4. No security updates since Feb, both devices are with different carriers - Telus and Rogers. Samsung Canada support told me these devices will only be updated on a quarterly basis in Canada. For a phone that's less than 2 years old. Not sure if it's valid, but if this is the case, I'm never buying another Samsung phone.