Original topic:

S24 series April update on 27th march

(Topic created on: 03-25-2024 08:40 PM)
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Seems like no stopping for samsung updates.we have seen march patch on 1st march and now we have April patch before end of March.....kudos samsung....

Source Rogers updates page 

10 Comments
pchan0
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you! 🙏🏻
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'm actually not sure about that. 

Google doesn't generally release it's Security Patch Updates, until the first Monday of the month... So getting April's Security Patch in March, isn't likely. 

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes it will. All other countries received it today.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Screenshot_20240326_142348.jpg

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I mean if you want to get technical we can. It DOES have the April security patch, however, yes it's an AXCx build date since we are still in March, it can't be AXDx yet.

It's an April patch.20240326_142453_1000045374_1711477493.jpg
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
It's amusing to me that it seems that every time I buy the latest Samsung flagship device that's the year that the updates seem to be late for it that year. Now I have S23U and it seems like support for it was not the best. But whatever, software updates don't control my life.🤷🏻‍♂️
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Fido shows March 26 for S24 April SMR and March 28 for S23 March SMR. The S21 received the March SMR on March 15.

The S22 is still on February SMR and no indication when March SMR be made available. And it shows S23 FE is still on January SMR.
0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
That's how they do push updates late to 2 year old devices..23 and 24 have high sales numbers for samsung..fixing them faster means more sales 😉
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Well, S21 got it before the S22.

There have been times when older models get SMRs before the latest flagship.

Samsung is inconsistent. Can't be that hard to do simultaneous SMR releases for almost identical hardware and software.